Avon College of health transcripts / syllabus

Old May 10th 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future
Default Avon College of health transcripts / syllabus

Hi,

Has anyone got their transcripts or syllabus from Avon College of health.
UWE say send a cheque for £75, they will check and it will take 6-8 weeks (just to find out!), but cannot guarantee anything. Cheque returned if not found.

We have rung NMC a number of times and asked for transcripts. NMC say they have sent an EU directive letter to ANMC stating hours required for qualification.

I know some of you have been through all this, so any advice would be great, especially what you sent to ANMC with the application form.

We now have an agent who says we should try to get it, otherwise we will sign an affidavit saying we tried and that training was done. I am worried about how much time it will all take.

Caroline
Old May 13th 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Harveymax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Avon College of health transcripts / syllabus

I have had similar problems, I applied to AMNC first for skills assessment they asked for transcript, so contacted NMC who forwarded information that verified my qualification etc. I had to send off verified copies of qualifications, work references, birth cert, and whole load more all verified by solicitor. But the good news is that it all came back OK, now logged my application waiting for acknowledgement. ANMC can forward my information to the state I am aiming to move to QLD, but as licence only valid for one year waiting for a few months before applying as hoping to go August 2008.Hope this helps Mark
Old May 14th 2007, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Harveymax
I have had similar problems, I applied to AMNC first for skills assessment they asked for transcript, so contacted NMC who forwarded information that verified my qualification etc. I had to send off verified copies of qualifications, work references, birth cert, and whole load more all verified by solicitor. But the good news is that it all came back OK, now logged my application waiting for acknowledgement. ANMC can forward my information to the state I am aiming to move to QLD, but as licence only valid for one year waiting for a few months before applying as hoping to go August 2008.Hope this helps Mark
Mark,
Thanks for the reply. So just to be clear,
1). you applied to the ANMC without the transcript and the ANMC asked you for it.
2). Do you know if NMC actually sent your transcripts. I think sometimes they send the transcripts direct to ANMC, but you have to ask for it. We asked and they said they don't do it, so it seems very hit and miss!

We have already requested NMC send the verification (the £34 fee) and got our statement of entry. All our application needs is the transcript, we have everything else ready to go.

Caroline
Old May 14th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Hi

Thought I would share my experience with you, my old school of nursing had closed down when I tried to trace my transcript. NMC said nothing they can do, so I contacted the nearest university to my place of training and they found the transcript for £25 in the archive. So might be worth a try. Good luck!!!

Sarah
Old May 15th 2007, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Harveymax is an unknown quantity at this point

hi contacted by anmc wanting transcript, I telephoned nmc who said they would send the usual eu directive letter which they implied was the limit of what they could do, at the time a bit cheese off at the lack of taking my situation seriously. But the letter obviously did the trick, so time to move on On reading recent threads not absolutely sure which state to aim for as qld was 1st choice???How about you.
Old May 15th 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

nigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud ofnigelb has much to be proud of

Hi,

I applied to northern territory and it took less than 2 weeks to receive registration so good result and it only cost $75. I was expecting a long wait not sure about other areas waiting time.

good luck

Sarah
Old May 16th 2007, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Harveymax
hi contacted by anmc wanting transcript, I telephoned nmc who said they would send the usual eu directive letter which they implied was the limit of what they could do, at the time a bit cheese off at the lack of taking my situation seriously. But the letter obviously did the trick, so time to move on On reading recent threads not absolutely sure which state to aim for as qld was 1st choice???How about you.
In the end we got our uni to do the transcript really quickly. It cost £75 (for 1 piece of paper). My OH wanted to send the application off using just the EU directive, but we decided to use an agent, who said the transcripts were necessary to ensure success without any delay. We are ready to go, but agent wants us to wait for the confirmation letter from NMC saying they have sent the verification. Again OH doesn't think it is really required. The form allows you to tick a box and say when it was requested. Did you guys wait for the letter from NMC ?

OH wants to push things so we can apply before September and any rule changes and fee increases. Get the feeling the agent doesn't share the urgency.

Caroline
Old May 16th 2007, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Twos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant future

Carlap
£75 is alot for a piece of paper. Herts Uni where I trained charged me 40 but also told me there is a 12 week wait which has pissed me off a little as it delays everything else. Just sent verification papers back toNMC so application for skills at ANMC is the next thing to do for me and OH.
Good luck with yours