Any Radiographers out there?

Old Sep 9th 2014, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

CanadianRadiographer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Radiographers out there?

Hello,
Are there any Radiographers that are currently working abroad or working in the UK?

I'm looking to work abroad but my situation is different. I'm a Canadian looking to work in the UK and registering with the HCPC. I have a few questions i'd like to ask to whomever can help! Let me know

Thanks!
JD
Old Nov 18th 2014, 1:40 am
Just Joined

lulujo77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Radiographers out there?

How did this work out for you? I'm just starting the process to get registered and I'm curious as to whether you were accepted. I am also a radiographer with CT and interventional angio experience. However, I have a diploma and not sure how sticky they are on not having a degree.

LO
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

honey915 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Just wondering how this process went for anyone with regsitration with the HCPC. I'm in a similar boat, MRI/x-ray tech in Canada with a diploma from BC. Did any Canadians manage to get the HCPC certification with just a diploma? I'm starting the application but wondering if it's even worth trying, if I have a chance or not?
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

I sent off my application beginning of December, so I am in the midst of the waiting. I did try to contact the HCPC a few times to get an idea of what they were accepting in terms of education. I also have a diploma from BCIT. They seem to stand by their statement that every application is reviewed on a case by case situation. So here's for hoping. I did notice that radiographers are on the nationwide shortage list, so hopefully that puts us in a good spot. I will keep you tuned to how it goes for me. They have started checking into my association and references already, so maybe this won't take 16 weeks!

LO
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

We're definitely in the same boat then LO. I went to BCIT as well. Are you working now in BC? Was wondering if you have any tips and who and how you completed the course and education part of the application for BCIT. Mind if we email? I'm trying to send a private msg to you on this forum but it won't let me.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 2:58 am
Just Joined

Just email me, I'm happy to help

<snip to remove email addy>

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jan 3rd 2015 at 5:40 am. Reason: giving out your email addy in open forum is not a good idea
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 5:43 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by honey915
We're definitely in the same boat then LO. I went to BCIT as well. Are you working now in BC? Was wondering if you have any tips and who and how you completed the course and education part of the application for BCIT. Mind if we email? I'm trying to send a private msg to you on this forum but it won't let me.
You were unable to send a pm as you need at least 3 posts. It's designed this way to try and protect members from spammers, scammers, etc.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Ugh. I tried to private message you, but apparently we need to have at least 3 posts! Now this is my 3rd post, I will try again
Old Jan 4th 2015, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

CanadianRadiographer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lulujo77
Hi,

I sent off my application beginning of December, so I am in the midst of the waiting. I did try to contact the HCPC a few times to get an idea of what they were accepting in terms of education. I also have a diploma from BCIT. They seem to stand by their statement that every application is reviewed on a case by case situation. So here's for hoping. I did notice that radiographers are on the nationwide shortage list, so hopefully that puts us in a good spot. I will keep you tuned to how it goes for me. They have started checking into my association and references already, so maybe this won't take 16 weeks!

LO
Heyy!
Unfortunately, I had some delays and have yet to manage to send out my application. It's actually being sent either this coming week or the next week. Just putting some finishing touches on my application. I'm curious as to if it'll actually take 16 weeks. It's hard to estimate all these timeframes.

Originally Posted by honey915
I went to Dawson College in Montreal, QC. I'm registered with the OTIMRO. (equivalency with the CAMRT) For me, the course information part of the application was the longest part and what set me back. Took me close to 2 months to get it done. It came out to something like 87 pages

I will send both of you a PM, i'd like to keep in touch regarding the process!

JD
Old Jan 12th 2015, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Hi, I can't read the private messages because of I haven't replied 3 times yet. so this will be my third time!
Old May 5th 2015, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Talagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

As a former Diagnostic Radiographer who used to work in the UK I just wondered how you are all getting on with registering with HCPC? Are there any recruiting agencies you can approach offering employment in the UK as they would be able to help with your applications?
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

anthk is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any update on this?
They received my application 2 weeks ago.
I am anxious to get a move on asap
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 12:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anthk
Is there any update on this?
They received my application 2 weeks ago.
I am anxious to get a move on asap
Is this for Canada? You might be better off asking in the Canada forums as we have a couple of radiographers there.

I don't know how long radiographers take to get registered etc, but 2 weeks doesn't seem long to me at all given that nurses are usually a year or more. So I could be wrong, but I'd be prepared for quite a wait.

Good luck.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

anthk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Is this for Canada? You might be better off asking in the Canada forums as we have a couple of radiographers there.

I don't know how long radiographers take to get registered etc, but 2 weeks doesn't seem long to me at all given that nurses are usually a year or more. So I could be wrong, but I'd be prepared for quite a wait.

Good luck.
Seeing there are a few canadian rads doing the same thing a few months ago, I thought it would be a good idea to get an estimate from them. I'm also applying from overseas for a HCPC approval.
Officially they say it's a 16 weeks wait but I have a feeling it is longer than that
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 12:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anthk
Seeing there are a few canadian rads doing the same thing a few months ago, I thought it would be a good idea to get an estimate from them. I'm also applying from overseas for a HCPC approval.
Officially they say it's a 16 weeks wait but I have a feeling it is longer than that
Quite possibly. Certainly all other healthcare registrations seem to take an awful lot longer than the official figures!

Good luck with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.