Any Radiographers out there?

Old Jun 23rd 2015, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

lulujo77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Radiographers out there?

Actually, I am presently working in the UK. I am a Canadian radiographer. I sent my HCPC application beginning of Dec last year. It was approved by first week of Feb. They are very short on radiographer a here nationwide. I applied for a UK passport since both of my parents are British. It was approved in just over a week. All went surprisingly fast! The process of getting an NI number and a bank account here are a process, but the harder things went no problem!
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

anthk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lulujo77
Actually, I am presently working in the UK. I am a Canadian radiographer. I sent my HCPC application beginning of Dec last year. It was approved by first week of Feb. They are very short on radiographer a here nationwide. I applied for a UK passport since both of my parents are British. It was approved in just over a week. All went surprisingly fast! The process of getting an NI number and a bank account here are a process, but the harder things went no problem!
That's nice. it is busy season for hcpc so I hope I can still get it by Oct.did they tell you by mail?
I'd need a tier 2 visa though.
I'm hoping to get a band 6 job

Last edited by anthk; Jun 24th 2015 at 12:25 am.
Old Aug 28th 2015, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

coolb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just wondering if you have a degree or just a diploma? Has anyone else received approval without a degree?

Cheers
Old Aug 30th 2015, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by coolb
Hi,

Just wondering if you have a degree or just a diploma? Has anyone else received approval without a degree?

Cheers
I have a diploma. They are so short here, perhaps they relaxed the rules as I was also under the understanding initially you needed a degree to work in the UK. It does help if you have your CT or MRI training also. I got a job easily with the added skill.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 11:44 am
Just Joined

11 weeks passed and still nothing from them. sigh
Old Aug 31st 2015, 4:09 am
Just Joined

coffee2 is an unknown quantity at this point

To everyone who applied, how long was your Course Information Form? A poster here said theirs was 87 pages! :O
Old Aug 31st 2015, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Also, any tips & advice?
Old Aug 31st 2015, 5:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anthk
11 weeks passed and still nothing from them. sigh
I believe it is still busy time for them. They deal with a lot of health professions and a lot of programs finished just recently. Likely, they will deal with the UK residents over a foreigner. I was just lucky with my timing. The visa takes time too. Make sure you are applying for the right one. I am still trying to get my refund back from a application I didn't end up submitting. If you're only coming here a couple years, some agencies will assist with getting your paperwork done properly and efficiently. Might be worth it. Agency works good money too
Old Aug 31st 2015, 6:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by coffee2
To everyone who applied, how long was your Course Information Form? A poster here said theirs was 87 pages! :O
I sent a copy of every summary of every course I took at BCIT in the program. They have copies of every course going back years. Just had my program head sign the form and list off the courses. Done. It was about 80 pages though
Old Aug 31st 2015, 7:41 am
Just Joined

I believe it is still busy time for them. They deal with a lot of health professions and a lot of programs finished just recently. Likely, they will deal with the UK residents over a foreigner. I was just lucky with my timing. The visa takes time too. Make sure you are applying for the right one. I am still trying to get my refund back from a application I didn't end up submitting. If you're only coming here a couple years, some agencies will assist with getting your paperwork done properly and efficiently. Might be worth it. Agency works good money too
I plan to stay so i prefer nhs jobs.
It's just a shame to see some nice jobs fly by.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

I sent a copy of every summary of every course I took at BCIT in the program. They have copies of every course going back years. Just had my program head sign the form and list off the courses. Done. It was about 80 pages though
Thnx
Old Sep 1st 2015, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Isn't there just a Tier 2 visa ?
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 3:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by anthk
Isn't there just a Tier 2 visa ?
While we are on the topic of Tier 2 visa, would you recommend applying for the Tier 5 youth mobility (I qualify) or a Tier 2 via a sponsor?

I guess what I'm really asking is, how likely are employers to sponsor for a Tier 2 visa?
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by coffee2
While we are on the topic of Tier 2 visa, would you recommend applying for the Tier 5 youth mobility (I qualify) or a Tier 2 via a sponsor?

I guess what I'm really asking is, how likely are employers to sponsor for a Tier 2 visa?

Apply for a youth mobility. They are unlikely to sponsor you here. Unless you go for a job that has been open for months and months, but even then it's unlikely.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Apply for a youth mobility. They are unlikely to sponsor you here. Unless you go for a job that has been open for months and months, but even then it's unlikely.
really?
so basically I won't be able to work in the UK?!
2 years and that's it?

Last edited by anthk; Sep 3rd 2015 at 7:30 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.