Any January skills assessments been submitted?

Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Any January skills assessments been submitted?

Well, I guess at least we are all in the same boat (even though it is a boat we would rather not be in!)

Dim me realsied that I had been emailing the wrong addy, I was using the one from the bottom of the acknowledgement letter, not the correct one.

I sent a mail early this am (6ish) to will see if I get a reply from that.

Cathy
Old Mar 5th 2007, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future

I sent an enquiring e-mail after 8 weeks. Got a reply next day saying all info had been recieved and nothing else. Andy
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

BallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant futureBallochBiddy has a brilliant future

Hope I don't sound to daft here but whats the differance between a full and a modified assessment?
Old Mar 6th 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BallochBiddy
I sent an enquiring e-mail after 8 weeks. Got a reply next day saying all info had been recieved and nothing else. Andy
Yay, got a reply today saying that my file had been forwarded to the Nursing Board of Tasmania as I had asked on the 15th Feb. I still have not had "THE LETTER" tho'....
Bloody post....
Cathy
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BallochBiddy
Hope I don't sound to daft here but whats the differance between a full and a modified assessment?
Modified is done after somebody is already registered as a nurse in a state (ie nursing board of south australia). To register in a state is generally the same as the full ANMC skills assessment, but registering in a state first is cheaper. It can also be quicker. The modified ANMC is therefore simple because the state has already assessed your skills (everyone needs ANMC assessment for visa)

Ade S
Old Mar 6th 2007, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Amajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant future

Hi Guys
it's here[SIZE="4"] [SIZE="2"]
I am still shaking there it was sticking out of the door when I got back from Tesco's. I didn't email them last night as I was going to. just to confirm dates for all you guys waiting. 8 weeks and 1 day from receiving ack letter and 12 weeks and 6 days from posting. I didn't realise the feeling would be this good. It's definately worth the wait. I hope it's not too long for all you waiting
Amanda
Old Mar 6th 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Any January skills assessments been submitted?

Excellent news Amanda! Congratulations..........get the wine out girl!! x
Old Mar 6th 2007, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow
Yay, got a reply today saying that my file had been forwarded to the Nursing Board of Tasmania as I had asked on the 15th Feb. I still have not had "THE LETTER" tho'....
Bloody post....
Cathy
Cathy, at least it's on the way!! Congrats!! x
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mo33
Cathy, at least it's on the way!! Congrats!! x
ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!
The email I had from the ANMC didn't say anything about my letter of determination so I sent another one to ask if it was in the post.....
Got a reply back this am to say they had forarded my application on the Nursing Board of Tasmania without assessing it first!
Now what do I do?
Can I apply for a 136 Visa if I have only been assessed by the NBT? I don't want to be sponsored (though I am ok with being State Sponsered) particularly as I don't want to be tied down to a job to start with.
Arrrrggghhhh, arrrggghhh, aaarrrggghhh!

Cathy.

Last edited by cathy_rainbow; Mar 7th 2007 at 9:21 am. Reason: forgot a bit
Old Mar 7th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

oh Cathy!
Maybe they've copied your docs and are doing your assess........strange! I'm sure you can't apply 4 visa without your sacred letter from ANMC, hang on in there and email them again to clarify what they are actually doing... I was sure you'd got it when i saw the thread......what a pain.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mo33
oh Cathy!
Maybe they've copied your docs and are doing your assess........strange! I'm sure you can't apply 4 visa without your sacred letter from ANMC, hang on in there and email them again to clarify what they are actually doing... I was sure you'd got it when i saw the thread......what a pain.
Hi Mo,
They said
"At this stage your file has been sent to the Nurses Board of Tasmania without being assessed by the ANMC. Could you inform me if you have sent any application form to the Nurses Board of Tasmania for registration."

Having read the thread above I see I can get NBT to assess me 1st and then the ANMC but I wanted to get the Visa Application done. They obviously hadn't started assessing me when I emailed them and that was 8 weeks after acknowledgement....

Cathy

Last edited by cathy_rainbow; Mar 7th 2007 at 4:22 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Don't know what to say.......you must be gutted. I'm gutted for you! Can't believe it, you're right though-get assessed by your taz board and do the modified with the ANMC. Be an idea to see how long they are taking. This is definately a long & winding road......reckon if you can cope with this stress you can cope with anything.

Good luck in whatever you do, keep in touch
X
Old Mar 7th 2007, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Amajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant future

Hi Cathy
I'm sorry to here you are still having trouble. Maybe, as Mo said, do your registration while you are waiting, then at least something is happening and you don't feel as helpless and that time is passing you by without progress being made. I think that is the worst thing about this paperwork stuff, the waiting and not being able to do anything to help yourself. Chin up it will all be worth the wait.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Amajon
Hi Cathy
I'm sorry to here you are still having trouble. Maybe, as Mo said, do your registration while you are waiting, then at least something is happening and you don't feel as helpless and that time is passing you by without progress being made. I think that is the worst thing about this paperwork stuff, the waiting and not being able to do anything to help yourself. Chin up it will all be worth the wait.
Well, the story ( a very boring one!) continues. Today I had an email from NBT to say that they have returned my skills Assessment to ANMC.... so, back to square 1! So now I can't do the regional assessment first now...

Cathy
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow
Well, the story ( a very boring one!) continues. Today I had an email from NBT to say that they have returned my skills Assessment to ANMC.... so, back to square 1! So now I can't do the regional assessment first now...

Cathy
Got a letter from ANMC today, but not what we were looking for. Letter from employer didn't have enough info. More delays it's driving me crazy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.