ANMC assessment

Old May 16th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Twos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant future
Default ANMC assessment

Claire and I are slowly progressing with our dream of moving to Oz.

After 3 weeks we finally received the verification form from the NMC (then got a second one laid out differently the next day also, madness) and have returned it with our chosen places. ANMC, QND, NBWA, NBNT, NBSA.

We have requested transcripts of training be be sent to the ANMC which apparantly will be delayed by 12 weeks due to a backlog at our university

Our next plan is to send off for the full skills assessment. We are both RMNs and score similar points about 130. I am thinking is it only worth one doing the full skills and the other applying for registration and then the smaller skills assessment or to keep it simple both apply for the full assessment.

What have other nursing couples done or are we unique

Cheers Jim
Old May 16th 2007, 10:46 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANMC assessment

Originally Posted by Twos Company
Claire and I are slowly progressing with our dream of moving to Oz.

After 3 weeks we finally received the verification form from the NMC (then got a second one laid out differently the next day also, madness) and have returned it with our chosen places. ANMC, QND, NBWA, NBNT, NBSA.

We have requested transcripts of training be be sent to the ANMC which apparantly will be delayed by 12 weeks due to a backlog at our university

Our next plan is to send off for the full skills assessment. We are both RMNs and score similar points about 130. I am thinking is it only worth one doing the full skills and the other applying for registration and then the smaller skills assessment or to keep it simple both apply for the full assessment.

What have other nursing couples done or are we unique

Cheers Jim
If you are married only one of you will need to do the skills assessment for the visa.
The other one will just have to register with the state board
Old May 16th 2007, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Twos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant futureTwos Company has a brilliant future

Cheers
Kapri. Thank you for your help.
This means that if my partner has the full skills assessment, I do not need one or even a partial one after registering with the board.
I find this strange as I would have thought the state board would have still wanted a skills assessment done before practicing as a nurse.
I assume the skills assessment therefor is only for emigration purposes and not competence to practice.
Cheers again
Jim
Old May 16th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Cheers
This means that if my partner has the full skills assessment, I do not need one or even a partial one after registering with the board.
I find this strange as I would have thought the state board would have still wanted a skills assessment done before practicing as a nurse.
I assume the skills assessment therefor is only for emigration purposes and not competence to practice.
Cheers again
Jim
Only one of you need a skills assessment and even then it doesn't have to be the full one once you are registered. The other one only needs to register. The skills assessment is only for DIMMIA not the nursing board.
Tracie
Old May 16th 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Cheers
Cheers again
Jim
You will prob find that there isnt that much difference between a full ANMC skills assessment and a state board application, which is, in effect, their skills assessment. You will therefore require to collect (roughly) the same documentation your partner is collecting, just look at state board website to see what they need.

The ANMC is the body the Australian gov uses to ensure that you are appropiately skilled/qualifed for emigration purposes and they do not register nurses.