For all casual practice nurses!

Old Mar 19th 2007, 9:30 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default For all casual practice nurses!

Talking to the permanant practice nurse in my practice, seems like I had been paid too little, did not realise the higher wage for casuals ie did not think it was so much!. Quick word in the shell like ear of the practice manager and now a $4 hike!!! So check your pay girls.....and boys!! Back paid as well!!! hee hee!!! Also they upped me to a level 2 Look forward to seeing my next pay packet!!!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: For all casual practice nurses!

Originally Posted by vivi
Talking to the permanant practice nurse in my practice, seems like I had been paid too little, did not realise the higher wage for casuals ie did not think it was so much!. Quick word in the shell like ear of the practice manager and now a $4 hike!!! So check your pay girls.....and boys!! Back paid as well!!! hee hee!!! Also they upped me to a level 2 Look forward to seeing my next pay packet!!!
Hi Vivi,
I am currently a practice nurse here in blighty..Any info you could provide re practicing nursing in oz would be very much appreciated!!
I am lead in a large practice and do the usual chronic disease and imms.cytology etc. Plan to come to Perth with family..Haver been looking for practice nurse jobs but don't seem to find that many??
Thank you for your time,
Caroline
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:01 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Hi Caroline, From what I hear practice nursing out here is quite basic,not much autonomy, but guess this varies from practice to practice. My role is to do as "bidden!" immunisations, health assessments, wound management, ear syringing assisting with procedures etc etc. I work in a 7 dr practice and mostly rush from one pt to the other. Not much time for furthering health education etc. Still I love it and have a ball. Hopefully other practice nurses will enter this thread and add, as far as Perth goes do not know what is out there. However here in qld always seem practice nurse jobs going. Any help just shout!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vivi
Hi Caroline, From what I hear practice nursing out here is quite basic,not much autonomy, but guess this varies from practice to practice. My role is to do as "bidden!" immunisations, health assessments, wound management, ear syringing assisting with procedures etc etc. I work in a 7 dr practice and mostly rush from one pt to the other. Not much time for furthering health education etc. Still I love it and have a ball. Hopefully other practice nurses will enter this thread and add, as far as Perth goes do not know what is out there. However here in qld always seem practice nurse jobs going. Any help just shout!
Thanks for that Vivi! As long as I have a job when there and dosh coming in won't mind really the state of play...Have got over healing and changing the world about 2 weeks after qualifiying 5 years ago!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:24 am
vivi

Ditto! Decided a while back that career prospects and climbing that ladder take second best to family and free time. Just let me be happy at work, relatively stress free there and make sure my patients have a great experience! As to WA different rules pay scales etc,would be interesting to hear what life is like in those treatment rooms across the other side!!!! ( bet they are not as good as QLD hee hee!!)