AHPRA rule change 10 Feb 2014

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AHPRA rule change 10 Feb 2014

Did they give any specific reasons as to why she was turned down?
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

hales79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does any one know of anyone who has been given their registration with diploma??? How can they turn people down if all the criteria is met??? Stella what reason did they give to your friend? X x it's ridiculous I applied 10 months ago!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hales79
Does any one know of anyone who has been given their registration with diploma??? How can they turn people down if all the criteria is met??? Stella what reason did they give to your friend? X x it's ridiculous I applied 10 months ago!!!!
10 months ago? That's awful! What office have you applied to hales?
I can't find anything that officially and categorically states that a diploma is not sufficient. Even if this has come along with the new assessment criteria there's still nothing that stipulates you have to be degree trained. Surely if this was the case it would say somewhere?
I'm staying optimistic....until told otherwise.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

If it HAD to be a degree, why would they take money from applicants knowing from the start that they didn't qualify?

We have several nurses with Diplomas forward to hospitals, and they haven't come back with the "it's only a Diploma" line.

I'm with Yvette - stay calm and wait for YOUR letters .
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

__stella__ is an unknown quantity at this point

All I know so far is that the application was rejected on the grounds of only having a diploma. I have asked her to provide me with some specific details and any recommendations the board has made so will share the info ASAP with you! I have also been looking at AHPRA's twitter account and found an interesting conversation on there. Here's the link and I hope it works. Sounds like this fella is in the same predicament!

https://twitter.com/thejinkisback/st...69092902944768
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

They clearly state in this tweet that experience is not taken into account!! It really is making my heart sink

https://twitter.com/ahpra/status/473354164849086464
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

Yet they have taken your money! A point I have made in reply to their tweets (above)
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have asked AHPRA AND The Australian High Commission in London if Dip HE is acceptable for registration in Australia. Responses awaited
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

I'll be keeping a close eye on what their twitter reply is Genorm!
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by genorm
I have asked AHPRA AND The Australian High Commission in London if Dip HE is acceptable for registration in Australia. Responses awaited
I have also emailed my case officer for clarification of this. All I can find is that your nurse training has to be equivalent of an Australian bachelor's degree, on AQF site the criteria for level 7 & bachelor's degree is vague and you could argue that a UK diploma covers all areas.

Fingers crossed we get some positive answers soon!
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

bigmac1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by __stella__
My friend has just had her registration turned down by APHRA, reason being only having a Diploma in Nursing. She qualified in 2009. They have given her 2 weeks to respond to the decision, she will appeal. I will keep you updated on the outcome. It's very worrying as I too am diploma trained!
Stella that's awful! Can I also ask how long ago she sent her application to AHPRA.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

The criteria states that the overseas qualification must be the same as for an Australian Nursing Degree (Registered Nurse)

I think the pertinent part of that is the title "Registered Nurse" as they are the same in either country.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Something else: we have been presenting our Nurses including those with Diploma to Aussie hospitals, and not one has come back and played the "Diploma" card. They are showing the same level of interest as before, so if there is a rule that says DIP HE is not acceptable, then AHPRA have failed to pass this on to employing hospitals.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 7:39 pm
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well....don't know what to say to all the above!

The last letter I had from AHPRA was asking for more info on criteria 2,3 & 8 - no mention needing anything for number 4 so therefore have assumed (rightly or wrongly) that they were happy with my qualification.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

LEEanEILEEN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by picto1
Well....don't know what to say to all the above!

The last letter I had from AHPRA was asking for more info on criteria 2,3 & 8 - no mention needing anything for number 4 so therefore have assumed (rightly or wrongly) that they were happy with my qualification.
Do you have a Diploma or degree. cheers LanE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.