AHPRA long processing time

Old Aug 24th 2017, 4:14 am
Just Joined

sn0m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AHPRA long processing time

Hi Guys and Girls
I have sent all the paper work, paid the fee around $1300 around 4 weeks ago.
I have not had a decision on registration yet, even I'm due to start work in a week time and I also have to go through 3 months of supervision period by three external doctors which has been arranged by my supervisor, however that is going to be in jeopardy if I do not start work in a week time.
Is there any delays on AHPRA processing time? Does any of you had any trouble with processing times and what was the longest that one had to wait.
Many thanks
sn0m (ED doc)
Old Aug 24th 2017, 4:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AHPRA long processing time

Originally Posted by sn0m
Hi Guys and Girls
I have sent all the paper work, paid the fee around $1300 around 4 weeks ago.
I have not had a decision on registration yet, even I'm due to start work in a week time and I also have to go through 3 months of supervision period by three external doctors which has been arranged by my supervisor, however that is going to be in jeopardy if I do not start work in a week time.
Is there any delays on AHPRA processing time? Does any of you had any trouble with processing times and what was the longest that one had to wait.
Many thanks
sn0m (ED doc)
4 weeks doesn't sound too long at all for AHPRA, I think they can often take 3-4 months
Old Aug 24th 2017, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
4 weeks doesn't sound too long at all for AHPRA, I think they can often take 3-4 months
Gosh that is longer that what I had in mind. The website indicates 4-6 weeks. Oh dear.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 8:00 am
Just Joined

krozzed is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there! Did you get an answer from AHPRA regarding ur registration? I've also applied. Been 3 weeks. Not expecting any news from them anytime soon though...
Old Oct 10th 2017, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by krozzed
Hi there! Did you get an answer from AHPRA regarding ur registration? I've also applied. Been 3 weeks. Not expecting any news from them anytime soon though...
Yes, things moved along quite fast after Involved the ACEM. I advice you to do the same (Ausie college if applicable), might help.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 8:07 am
Just Joined

How did that work, if you don't mind me asking... yes, i'm also on contract to work at an ED
Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by krozzed
How did that work, if you don't mind me asking... yes, i'm also on contract to work at an ED
Their guideline says 6 weeks processing time. However if u due to start work, may ask the college that did your assessment to approach AHPRA. U have nothing to lose by asking them. All the best
Old Oct 10th 2017, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the information. But, I'm going in as a provisional trainee. I think ACEM can't get involved in my case... Do u have any idea how long it will take for a first timer with Aus limited registration?

Thanks again for replying...