AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Old Sep 10th 2015, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Some good news! My partner has finally got her "In Principal Approval of Registration" email. I had zero contact from AHPRA between submitting the application and getting the registration, so everything was submitted correct first time!

Here are the final timings:
10/07/15 - Application posted to Sydney by Royal Mail
23/07/15 - Application delivered (Royal mail tracking)
30/07/15 - Application received (email acknowledgment)
17/08/15 - I contacted AHPRA via email asking for an update - they gave a copy and paste reply saying it can take a long time
10/09/15 - In Principal Approcal of Registration

Here is a snipit of the letter for anyone else who may be interested:
"The NMBA has assessed your application for general registration as a registered nurse, in accordance with the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act 2009 (National Law) and has decided that you are eligible for registration subject to proof of identity."

She has to provide proof of identity (passport + visa) plus either proof of address or an offer of employement at an AHPRA office, and sign a statutory declaration stating she is still registered with the NMC.

An import thing to note is this has to be completed within 12 mnoths, however it states that the default time frame is 90 days and we have to reply to the email to confirm we require the 12 months, otherwise they will withdraw the application after 90 days!

As out flight is not until 03/06/2016 I will be doing this now.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

ZULU2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wooooooo congrats mgreaves that was painless well done on getting it right the first time.

You so organised flights out already sorted ..great stuff indeed,

Me no good news yet tempted to write to them but let's see thnx for the snippet of the letter...

Happy days they can be efficient..
Old Sep 10th 2015, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sevenpot
No update from my end too.
Hang in there am sure it won't be long now.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZULU2000
You so organised flights out already sorted ..great stuff indeed
I had to be organised with the flights, I have used airmiles and they only allow 2 seats per flight for airmiles, so I basically had to book the flgiht a year in advance if I wanted to use the miles.

There is a contact us section on the AHPRA website, you can fill a form in and just ask for an update, I did this but as I said previously I just got a copy and paste reply and it did not help. No harm doing it though, and no issue with time differences or expensive phone calls.
Old Sep 10th 2015, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

stevensarick is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, getting mine certified on Tuesday and then sending fingers crossed they are as quick, would you say Royal Mail safe enough to use ?
Old Sep 11th 2015, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stevensarick
Congratulations, getting mine certified on Tuesday and then sending fingers crossed they are as quick, would you say Royal Mail safe enough to use ?
I used Royal Mail and had to chase delivery, I used their tracked service which was meant to take 3 to 4 days but this only tracks it to Heathrow, after here no updates until it arrives. Mine was sat at Sydney airport for a over a week. Not RM fault but I'd highly recommend paying the extra for DHL etc. So it avoids Aus post.
Old Sep 12th 2015, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks mgreaves one last question, my course outline is 200 pages long it has been stamped by the uni as I had to request one was thinking of sending this as an original as would cost a fortune to copy and certify do you think this will be acceptable?
Thanks
Old Sep 12th 2015, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks mgreaves one last question, my course outline is 200 pages long it has been stamped by the uni as I had to request one was thinking of sending this as an original as would cost a fortune to copy and certify do you think this will be acceptable?
Thanks
Yeah the syllabus was 90 pages or so, the notary charged £10 a document and they just signed front page and then tied the rest together.

Not sure if they recognise originals, they may question it not being certified even though it is clearly an original due to them following the rules to the letter.

Also depending on if you're doing Anmac or skilled visa you may need more copies.
Old Sep 13th 2015, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks mgreaves, I have already done visa and anmac, so this is my final step thankfully, anmac was a breeze compared to AHPRA. I'll drop AHPRA an email I think to clarify.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Just a quick question before I send, do I need the declaration on the cv certified ? As my notary seems to think so? Thanks all nearly there.....
Old Sep 18th 2015, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Just a quick question before I send, do I need the declaration on the cv certified ? As my notary seems to think so? Thanks all nearly there.....
The CV needs to be an original, so no need to certify it. Sign with the declaration and send that exact CV.

It will be rejected if you send a copy and you will have to resend it, not sure if it is this thread or another but I've seen this happen recently.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Great thanks mgreaves I thought so but by notary said any declaration should be witnessed, I know this was tha case for anmac but could see the AHPRA website didn't request it, hoping to get it right first time so really appreciate your advice.
Old Sep 20th 2015, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hey guys nothing this end am not liking his waiting at all.was positive but not the case anymore all the best stevensarick.am worried employer will withdraw offer as thy have contacted me twice last week regarding aprah progress.

My last contact with reg officer was told all waiting for delegate board to reply ....
Old Sep 20th 2015, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZULU2000
Hey guys nothing this end am not liking his waiting at all.was positive but not the case anymore all the best stevensarick.am worried employer will withdraw offer as thy have contacted me twice last week regarding aprah progress.

My last contact with reg officer was told all waiting for delegate board to reply ....
You see, this is what REALLY annoys me about this whole thing! AHPRA is there (presumably) to protect Australians as patients and Australian hospitals. It is THEIR protective body against potential law suites. Yet when a hospital wants to know what AHPRA is up to, instead of going and asking AHPRA - they harrass candidates who are most probably in another country.

The clue in this is the "A" in AHPRA - it stands for "AUSTRALIAN".

Maybe you should be advising AHPRA that the hospital concerned doesn't understand it's own processes - there has to be a QA failure in that somewhere!
Old Sep 21st 2015, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mgreaves
I used Royal Mail and had to chase delivery, I used their tracked service which was meant to take 3 to 4 days but this only tracks it to Heathrow, after here no updates until it arrives. Mine was sat at Sydney airport for a over a week. Not RM fault but I'd highly recommend paying the extra for DHL etc. So it avoids Aus post.
DHL is great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.