AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Old Jan 3rd 2017, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

wc112 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Originally Posted by mgreaves
As you say I'd give them a call, only a few things are time dependant, you may be able to just redo your COGS and police checks or something rather than a full reapply. There is no need for them to receive CV, university transcripts etc again.

That's very true, thanks.
Old Jan 5th 2017, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

ZULU2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mgreaves
Hi All, sorry for the lack of replies, we've been backpacking Asia, NZ and Aus for the past 8 months! We have been in Sydney for the past month and now found somewhere to live so the job hunt has now started for us both.

wc112, we had a similar issue, we had to attend by September 2016 for AHPRA and also enter Australia December 2016. Our plans didn't have us in Australia though until at least December 2016. We therefore had to fly in to Australia soley to activate the visa and finalise AHPRA registration, then fly back out to Asia.

I did ask around if you could defer AHPRA but didn't get a reply.
Hi there good luck with job hunting
Old Jan 12th 2017, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all, a quick update to hopefully give anyone moving some reassurances about getting a job.

My partner applied for an Emergency Department job in Sydney just before New Year, she has now been intereviewed and offered/accepted the job. This was the only job she applied for as she wanted to stay in A&E having spent the past 2-3 years there in the UK. She found the job directly with the NSW governement health jobs website. There were a lot of none A&E jobs advertised though.

The interviewing doctor said English and Irish nurses were always hard working so he was happy to employ them.

A side note, she had to complete more criminal records checks, one with the police and also a working with children check which required her to go to a governement office in person to prove identity. Your AHPRA and Visa checks are irrelevant here and you have to do both of these regardless of how recent they are.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

That's awesome! Well done and thanks for the info
Old Feb 21st 2017, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

lam351444 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone,
i am a RGN with 3 year experience in Geriatrics. My initially is just holding the Diploma, i top up my qualification to degree (Part time OBU).

i just have started the process with AHPRA today. Just wondering/ worrying AHPRA accept top up degree or not, any similar experiences?

Good luck everyone
Old Feb 27th 2017, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

steven9818 is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to email or even phone them and ask.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

danika is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am in the process of registering with AHPRA. My registration officer emailed me last thursday that they need my certificate of good standing from NMC.

I called NMC straightaway and they sent the certificate last 24 february. I tried asking for a tracking number but they said I need to email them to ask for the tracking number. We know what happens when we email NMC, they take a long time to reply.

My question is, how long did it take for AHPRA to receive your NMC COGS ? I am quite worried if it got lost in the post.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

It took mine a 2 to 3 months before AHPRA received my COGS.

I also have a question. I am flying to Australia this month to present in person and complete my AHPRA process. My COGS is now out of date, therefore a stat declaration form has to be signed. It says on the letter that an approved witness will be required to watch me sign the form (I assumed this would be in the office). Having spoken to AHPRA today, I was advised that I need the form to be signed by a justice of the peace before I attend APHRA. Would anyone know if this is the case as I have never heard this before.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wc112
It took mine a 2 to 3 months before AHPRA received my COGS.

I also have a question. I am flying to Australia this month to present in person and complete my AHPRA process. My COGS is now out of date, therefore a stat declaration form has to be signed. It says on the letter that an approved witness will be required to watch me sign the form (I assumed this would be in the office). Having spoken to AHPRA today, I was advised that I need the form to be signed by a justice of the peace before I attend APHRA. Would anyone know if this is the case as I have never heard this before.
I have read in the previous posts that someone like a pharmacist (in Australia) witnessed this. As long as there is an authorized witness in which in the UK they only accept JP.

And when did NMC sent you COGS? Was it only recently? 2-3 months, wow such a long time. AHPRA gave me until april 6 to submit all needed documentation and I am stuck with NMC.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 8:32 am
Just Joined

It is just so annoying. I called NMC again today. They said they sent my COGS last 28 february. But last thursday when I phoned them, they said they sent it last 24 February. Are they really like this?
Old Mar 14th 2017, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

yeah think they can be like that. I'm sure it is sent tho, just takes a while unfortunately
Old May 7th 2017, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

ZULU2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

heloooo people just thought to say hielooo nurses i see thread is still alive
Old May 11th 2017, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

carolinezread is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
I am a FY2 working in London and have a ED job lined up in Adelaide in August. Very excited about coming over! Currently going through the process of all the form filling, it seems endless.

I have found it very difficult to find clear information on the internet about the AMC application and slightly confused by it. I came across this blog and wondered whether anyone could help me out?

I am currently applying for AMC Primary Source Verification. I understand I need to establish an EPIC Account first, which I have done. I have also set up my AMC portfolio and awaiting AMC candidate number.
-->My EPIC account is stating i need a valid "EIF".
-->I have downloaded the form and will get it certified
-->Next I understand that my EIF needs to be accepted in order for me to upload my credentials for verification.
-->Then I need to provide a copy of EPIC report to AMC to update my verification status
-->Then the application should be successful?

Is this right??

My questions:
1. This is a stupid question but are my credentials my medical degree?
2. Do I upload them electronically or do I have to sent them via post?
3. Do my credentials need to be certified?
4. How long does it usually take for my credentials to be verified?
5. How do i provide a copy of EPIC report to AMC to update my verification status?

Do I have to send any ID documents for my AMC Primary Source Verification. I have read different things online. I am sending a whole list of certified ID documents for my AHPRA form.

I hope that makes sense! I just find the AMC application vey confusing as it is interchanging between EPIC and AMS
Old Aug 21st 2017, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Liv92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys!
I filled in my application form and sent it off about three months ago. I have a case officer who asked me for mor evidence which I have sent. However, she seems to just ignore my emails about my progress or email me for evidence I've already sent. It's getting a bit frustrating now because I can't send off for my visa until my registration comes through. Has anyone else had the same problem? I'm worrying!!!
Old Aug 21st 2017, 9:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Liv92
Hey guys!
I filled in my application form and sent it off about three months ago. I have a case officer who asked me for mor evidence which I have sent. However, she seems to just ignore my emails about my progress or email me for evidence I've already sent. It's getting a bit frustrating now because I can't send off for my visa until my registration comes through. Has anyone else had the same problem? I'm worrying!!!
What visa are you applying for? Generally you don't have to have AHPRA registration in order to get a visa - if its a 189/190/457 etc and you are applying as a nurse).
You do need the ANMAC skills assessment (except for 457) but not registration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.