AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Old Jan 4th 2016, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Originally Posted by stevensarick
Hi susan41658 and welcome. I sent all my notorised paperwork with my application! Request Cogs ASAP and accreditation letter from nmc as the appeared to take the longest for them to receive, also university accreditation letter explaining pharmacology content. Just a quick question for those who have received a principal letter Ian a little concerned as received an email from my case officer this morning stating my application as progressed and I should hear within 5-10 days is this bad news or did everyone receive this? Thanks all
I did not have a case officer so just received the letter, however I am sure I've read simialr elsewhere I think so this sounds ok.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Susan41658
Thanks stevensarick. How do I get the accredition letter for both uni and NMC? Is it the same letter or are they different ones? I looked on the AHPRA website but I seems to have disappeared. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get it all right first time!
You want to send everything off together with the application and the bits not comnig fro myou send as early as possible, ideally you do not want them to request anything as this slows things down. I did the Fit2Work straight away and had the University stuff and NMC stuff arrive well before I sent the application.

NMC you request the form, then when you send it back with payment you put their template with the letter (I got this off the AHPRA website).

University is the same, when I requested the stuff I needed they said they would send over the relevant bits to Aus, which was well before I applied. I did not have to send Uni anything, I was lucky in they had done it before so it was simply a single email with the request.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Susan41658 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mgreaves
You want to send everything off together with the application and the bits not comnig fro myou send as early as possible, ideally you do not want them to request anything as this slows things down. I did the Fit2Work straight away and had the University stuff and NMC stuff arrive well before I sent the application. NMC you request the form, then when you send it back with payment you put their template with the letter (I got this off the AHPRA website). University is the same, when I requested the stuff I needed they said they would send over the relevant bits to Aus, which was well before I applied. I did not have to send Uni anything, I was lucky in they had done it before so it was simply a single email with the request.
Thanks mgreaves, and congratulations on getting your registration so quickly! My plan is to send my application off at the end of this month. I sent my request to the nmc yesterday so hopefully that will come back soon and i can pay them and get the ball rolling. Does it not matter that our application has not reached AHPRA before uni, nmc and ICHC does then? i thought it my get lost seeing as they wouldnt have an application to attach it to. Does anyone have any idea where i can get the template from? (im guessing this is the acredditation one?) I fear my university may be a bit harder. Who was it you emailed at yours? HR or international office etc? Once again, does anyone know the time frame AHPRA allow from getting everything notorised to having them recieve it? i fear i will end up getting everything done too early and then having my application rejected as ia m having to wait until pay day to send off the $520!
Old Jan 4th 2016, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

stevensarick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks mgreaves fingers crossed as they have not asked for any additional info!

If you go onto Ahpra site Susan, go to international qualified nurses and midwives, then open this up and go into application resources and you will find the draft letters for nmc and uni. I spoke to my personal tutor in uni who sorted it for me send, I requested nmc and uni 3 weeks prior to sending my application but still had to wait a further 4wks before they receives my cogs!
Old Jan 4th 2016, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks mgreaves, and congratulations on getting your registration so quickly! My plan is to send my application off at the end of this month. I sent my request to the nmc yesterday so hopefully that will come back soon and i can pay them and get the ball rolling. Does it not matter that our application has not reached AHPRA before uni, nmc and ICHC does then? i thought it my get lost seeing as they wouldnt have an application to attach it to. Does anyone have any idea where i can get the template from? (im guessing this is the acredditation one?) I fear my university may be a bit harder. Who was it you emailed at yours? HR or international office etc? Once again, does anyone know the time frame AHPRA allow from getting everything notorised to having them recieve it? i fear i will end up getting everything done too early and then having my application rejected as ia m having to wait until pay day to send off the $520!

At university I simply emailed the nursing school, they had a template for requesting syllabus copies so I sent this along with a note saying why i wanted it, they then said they knew what was needed and took it from there, this was confirmed as done maybe 6 weeks before the application made it over to Australia so AHPRA obviously kept it.

Again, I know my COGS arrived 2-3 weeks before the application. As to Fit2Work this is electronic, they just need a copy of the form (do not need to notarise) and they can access it online.

You should send all your notarised documents with the application, not seperatly, so there is no timeframe? Or do you mean, you are getting it notarised right now and you want to know how long that is valid for if they don't get the application for a few mnoths? I am not sure but notarisation does not take long, so just get it done on the way to the post office (Use DHL or similar though not Royal Mail)!
Old Jan 4th 2016, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

At university I simply emailed the nursing school, they had a template for requesting syllabus copies so I sent this along with a note saying why i wanted it, they then said they knew what was needed and took it from there, this was confirmed as done maybe 6 weeks before the application made it over to Australia so AHPRA obviously kept it. Again, I know my COGS arrived 2-3 weeks before the application. As to Fit2Work this is electronic, they just need a copy of the form (do not need to notarise) and they can access it online. You should send all your notarised documents with the application, not seperatly, so there is no timeframe? Or do you mean, you are getting it notarised right now and you want to know how long that is valid for if they don't get the application for a few mnoths? I am not sure but notarisation does not take long, so just get it done on the way to the post office (Use DHL or similar though not Royal Mail)!
Or do you mean, you are getting it notarised right now and you want to know how long that is valid for if they don't get the application for a few mnoths?Yes mgreaves, that is what i meant. Sorry if i did not make that clear! I just want to get everything ready so i can have it all thogether and send rather than rushing at the end, if that makes sense? I am heading out to Adelaide at the beginning of February to see my boyfriend, i was thinking of taking the application form with me and handing it too them and paying cash. That way i know its there and not lost in the post! Does the ICHC take long to come through to me or is it all done over email and then i print it? I thought it was just a reference number i needed to write on the application form, not send the front sheet as well! I thought i was all organised and getting everyhting on track. It seems i may be wrong!
Old Jan 4th 2016, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks mgreaves fingers crossed as they have not asked for any additional info! If you go onto Ahpra site Susan, go to international qualified nurses and midwives, then open this up and go into application resources and you will find the draft letters for nmc and uni. I spoke to my personal tutor in uni who sorted it for me send, I requested nmc and uni 3 weeks prior to sending my application but still had to wait a further 4wks before they receives my cogs!
Thank you stevensarick! i am so sorry to ask all these questions but i have reallsied after reading this thread how picky AHPRA can be! I shall email my personal tutor now they are all back to work and hopefully she will help me. Looking at your timeline i think i shall get on with it this week! only requested nmc yesterday so i expect that will take a little bit of time to come through to me before i can fill in the pack and send it back to them
Old Jan 4th 2016, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

stevensarick is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem I found it a nightmare much harder than obtaining my pr visa! Mgreaves was a huge help! Yes you complete the fit to work on line they then provide you with a ref number then you receive an email with the cover letter to print and send with your application. Good luck x
Old Jan 4th 2016, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Or do you mean, you are getting it notarised right now and you want to know how long that is valid for if they don't get the application for a few mnoths?Yes mgreaves, that is what i meant. Sorry if i did not make that clear! I just want to get everything ready so i can have it all thogether and send rather than rushing at the end, if that makes sense? I am heading out to Adelaide at the beginning of February to see my boyfriend, i was thinking of taking the application form with me and handing it too them and paying cash. That way i know its there and not lost in the post! Does the ICHC take long to come through to me or is it all done over email and then i print it? I thought it was just a reference number i needed to write on the application form, not send the front sheet as well! I thought i was all organised and getting everyhting on track. It seems i may be wrong!
As Steven has already said you get an email of the form, you print this out and include with your application, no need to have it notarised.

With regards to posting the application I would strongly advise to use a courier such as DHL, Royal Mail are useless and this also relies on AusPost which are just as bad, but if you are over there and can hand it all in then great!

This may actually mean you do not need to visit again to validate your application. When I applied I had no visa so I have to present myself (or rather my partner does) once we arrive over there. if you have a visa even a tourist one then you may not need this step. Just guessing here though!
Old Jan 4th 2016, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much everyone! This thread has been such a help. Im registered with a nursing agency out in Aus who has also helped me with questions but did not tell me anything about printing the reference off. I now fear she has missed something and i will need to provide more evidence etc. Hopefully if i get everything notorised closer to the end of the month, the timings will be fine. Does the statement of service from employers need to be notorised? The agency told me no as it will be on official letterhead but just want to check from people with experience of actually dealing with AHPRA! Again, i am so sorry for all the questions!
Old Jan 4th 2016, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

As Steven has already said you get an email of the form, you print this out and include with your application, no need to have it notarised. With regards to posting the application I would strongly advise to use a courier such as DHL, Royal Mail are useless and this also relies on AusPost which are just as bad, but if you are over there and can hand it all in then great! This may actually mean you do not need to visit again to validate your application. When I applied I had no visa so I have to present myself (or rather my partner does) once we arrive over there. if you have a visa even a tourist one then you may not need this step. Just guessing here though!
Thank you for all your answers mgreaves, i am so sorry to be a pain and keep asking questions which have probably already been asked! Is this the 90days - 12 month time frame you were speaking of previously? If so, that would help a great deal, although i am planning on visiting again in June if i am not on a one way ticket already so could always do it then if needs be
Old Jan 4th 2016, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks mgreaves fingers crossed as they have not asked for any additional info! If you go onto Ahpra site Susan, go to international qualified nurses and midwives, then open this up and go into application resources and you will find the draft letters for nmc and uni. I spoke to my personal tutor in uni who sorted it for me send, I requested nmc and uni 3 weeks prior to sending my application but still had to wait a further 4wks before they receives my cogs!
I have found the templates, thank you. I see they have a default address of Sydney on them, can i change this to Adelaide as this is where i will be sending my application to?
Old Jan 4th 2016, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Nurse Becky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi susan41658 and welcome. I sent all my notorised paperwork with my application! Request Cogs ASAP and accreditation letter from nmc as the appeared to take the longest for them to receive, also university accreditation letter explaining pharmacology content.

Just a quick question for those who have received a principal letter Ian a little concerned as received an email from my case officer this morning stating my application as progressed and I should hear within 5-10 days is this bad news or did everyone receive this?
Thanks all
I didn't receive this email however I've spoken with a few nurses in nursing in WA on Facebook and they had these emails and a few days later the Reg went through. So I think maybe it might just be a curtesy to let you know a time line?
Old Jan 4th 2016, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you so much everyone! This thread has been such a help. Im registered with a nursing agency out in Aus who has also helped me with questions but did not tell me anything about printing the reference off. I now fear she has missed something and i will need to provide more evidence etc. Hopefully if i get everything notorised closer to the end of the month, the timings will be fine. Does the statement of service from employers need to be notorised? The agency told me no as it will be on official letterhead but just want to check from people with experience of actually dealing with AHPRA! Again, i am so sorry for all the questions!
You need this notarised as you are not sending an original, i would advice against sending the original you get form your employer as you may need this in the offchance something goes wrong and you need to resubmit it. I would say having the original to hand is better than going to your employer again.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for all your answers mgreaves, i am so sorry to be a pain and keep asking questions which have probably already been asked! Is this the 90days - 12 month time frame you were speaking of previously? If so, that would help a great deal, although i am planning on visiting again in June if i am not on a one way ticket already so could always do it then if needs be
Yes, one of the ID requirements is a passport with valid visa, without this you can still apply but you have to then present yourself to an AHPRA office in person before they will put you on the register.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.