British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/ahpra-form-finally-sent-timeline-will-updated-859250/)

ZULU2000 May 31st 2015 2:09 pm

AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Finally sent off my application form on Thursday evening via DHL,just tracked and it's in Perth now so by tomorrow Ahpra will have my form.Will be waiting for their initial contact I hope they will accept everything I enclosed.

Please if thre is anyone who has submitted theirs get in touch.fingers crossed.

mgreaves Jun 1st 2015 11:04 am

Re: AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

It will be good to see your updates, we plan to submit ours in the next few weeks (as soon as possible really!), we are just waiting for the last few bits of paperwork back from old employers.

I will update once we submit as well.

ZULU2000 Jun 1st 2015 4:02 pm

Great yes indeed will keep updating ...so far nothing yet will give it till Friday.

NMC wrote to saying they sent my verification info letter dated 21/05/2015 received it today so hope it will be thre soon.info was sent to Ahpra Western austrilia new South Wales as well as Victoria dnt know why maybe that is standard.

I requested uni and nmc to send information to Aprah WA Perth .Hope they have good systems thre so info wnt be everywhere.

ZULU2000 Jun 4th 2015 1:10 pm

OOOOOHHH nothing YET from Ahprah is it too early to email mail ??......I thought wld get an acknowledgment email but non Zilch...

I know they received as they signed for it ...might call them ...

Very anxious any one please share how long it took for the first inial contact from them.

ZULU2000 Jun 5th 2015 5:07 am

Quick update just rang Ahpra ,and they confirmed that they are in receipt of my pack it's yet to be assigned to an officer,we'll wonder how long this will take........another week perhaps or month.......waiting game.

ZULU2000 Jun 7th 2015 8:00 pm

Latest development received my ICHC from fit2work on Friday for both of the countries I submitted. I applied on 21/05/2015 thy clearance came on 05/06/15....Am sure AHPRAH received the same on Friday tooo,

ZULU2000 Jun 8th 2015 2:45 pm

hey guys below is my initial response from AHPRA,Woke up to a low bank balance so was excited knowing Ahpra had debited my account then followed the dreaded email.Please help anyone my CV I did sign it on the last page so not sure what I did wrong and I also signed using the words given as per guideline.....The current employer statement of service I enclosed two non of them where notarised am surprised why thy hv asked for just the one to be certified...English proof I chose the 5yrs continuos option and typed a separate A4 listing all colleges/undies attended and grades confused,

Will be up early 5am to ring them for more clarity I guess this is where the fun begins ...

Email from AHPRAH

Supporting documents certified by the correct authority. Please provide these documents again in accordance with our certification standards. For more information please visit - Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency - Certifying Documents. Please also refer to The Notaries Society | Information & Find A Notary Public in regards to locating a Notary Public if you are a resident in the United Kingdom. Please note the outstanding documents that are required to be re- certified:

- Current employer statement of service

English language skills registration standard – Please download and complete the attached TELG-40 form as we will need your assessment of the five years full time study which you state was completed in one of the approved listed countries

A signed Curriculum Vitae (CV) in accordance with the requirements outlined at Section G, question 12 of the application form. The CV must:
Detail any gaps in your practice history of more than three months from the date you obtained your qualification.
Be in chronological order
Be signed and dated with your statement “This Curriculum Vitae is true and correct as at (insert date)”
Be the original signed Curriculum Vitae (no faxes or scanned copies will be accepted).
It must also contain all the elements defined in our Standard Format for Curriculum Vitae.

genorm Jun 9th 2015 4:24 pm

:sarcasm:AHPRA appear to be SO perfect, perhaps they should rule the world! :thumbsup:

Pollyana Jun 9th 2015 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by genorm (Post 11670727)
:sarcasm:AHPRA appear to be SO perfect, perhaps they should rule the world! :thumbsup:

:scaredhair::scaredhair:

ZULU2000 Jun 9th 2015 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by genorm (Post 11670727)

On point with that ,any advise in regards to signing CV the acceptable standard I have emaile the officer but no response yet I made sure thre was no error but I was wrong ...

genorm Jun 9th 2015 5:41 pm

The problem is, their grasp of the English language is so poor that it is hard to decipher what they want. Because they have quoted a whole raft of "standards" you can never be certain if you are in breach of one of them or all.

I'll go back through my reams of info from AHPRA and see if I can find a simplified explanation.

I've had a quick look and compared what you said you did with what they say they want.

The only thing I can think of is that your CV was a copy ?? where they state they want an original. Why? I've no idea, unless Australia's photo copiers have a mind of their own and don't copy exactly what is scanned into them!

Another thing - how can you send them "another" original when THEY already have it?

I suggest you check again against their guidelines for CV's to see what you have missed. If you can't find anything, you may have to wait until the non existant Case Officer emerges from the AHPRA haze!

ZULU2000 Jun 9th 2015 6:05 pm

Much appreciated @genorm I can confirm I enclosed the original copy,as you rightly state if it is just the signature why not request a separate page with my signature "puzzled to the max confused.com for real.I made sure I covered all the gaps in my CV and it was all in chronological oder ,.
My guess is cause I signed on the same page where I typed my references contacts maybe I should have done it on a blank page..
Have requested a new letter fromHR so thts on the way will have it notarised was thinking I might ask the Dr I work with to certify it saves me notary fee but dnt want to take chances.

Pheeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I need a bit of intoxication to de stress

sevenpot Jun 10th 2015 10:10 am

Hello
I am quite new to this forum, however I have recently sent my application to AHPRA as well. Only thing they have requested was the NMC verification which they have received now....so have to wait for the next step.......................

ZULU2000 Jun 10th 2015 3:05 pm

@sevenpot welcome..

Please can u tell how you signed your CV I have to type the I declate bit with date and will sign and date again but this on the same page as my references...

I have had to do an extra page with the clinical/procedural skills that I am competent in but all this was covered in my current or previous job role sections.

Chronological Oder tht the officer high listed I had initially started with my bsc,diploma,GCSEs but now have to do GCSEs ,diploma,Bsc hope thts chronological enough.

Here we are used to starting with current achievements going down ..or is it just me.

sevenpot Jun 10th 2015 5:17 pm

On my CV after the reference details, I left a few lines empty and then signed as below:
I,XXXXX XXXX XXXXXX declare that the ‘The Curriculum Vitae is true and correct as at ‘10.06.2015’ then I signed below with my name and date.

On the clinical/procedural skills I did bullet point all the skills that I am competent with.

With regards to my Professional Education and Qualifications, I started with my English Language Assessment (I have completed OET English test, So I put the result of the test outcome) then BSc, DBasicoma etc...

Hope this answers your query!!!

Best wishes

ZULU2000 Jun 10th 2015 8:16 pm

Thanx that helps ,did u have to type the I xxxxxxxxxx declare that the Curriculum is true and correct as at or u hand wrote it ??

Clinical /procedural I have done the same now

Thanx

All the best too u too

sevenpot Jun 10th 2015 8:28 pm

I did type the declaration.

jamesch Jun 13th 2015 5:01 pm

Hello I hope you can help me. Can I was as to what documents you needed certified, how much did this cost and did that include any statement of employment letters and police check certificate. I am currently in the process of gathering all documentation I need.

Many thanks

James

ZULU2000 Jun 14th 2015 5:37 pm

Hi@ James I had
2 bills
My drivers licence without counterpart
passport
University certificates including the transcripts
Mortgage papers

All in all I had about 12 docs lawyer I used was good in West Midlands charged me 150 for the lot which I thought was cheap.

As u can see from my thread I hv been asked to resend the statement of service from current employer so I am doing tht now as I had not .

Ahprah charged me 260 pounds and police check equivalent on 174 Aussie dollars for Fit2 work will verify with my bank statement

Hope it helps

mgreaves Jun 17th 2015 11:07 am

Originally Posted by jamesch (Post 11674324)
Hello I hope you can help me. Can I was as to what documents you needed certified, how much did this cost and did that include any statement of employment letters and police check certificate. I am currently in the process of gathering all documentation I need.

Many thanks

James

I am still collecting the documents also, the Fit2Work police check cost me £83.50 when it came through to my bank statement.

We have not had any copies certified yet.

Still waiting on statement of service from 2 employers and then I can send off the application for my partner.

ZULU2000 Jun 17th 2015 7:20 pm

I have just resent requested docs via DHL the costs are piling up DHL charges 38quid for docs .i know Royal Mail is slightly cheaper but no faith in them as they lost my docs years ago never found them so I wld rather use DHL .

@James just check my bank statement my fit2wotk was £174 but I did checks for 2 countries hence the difference in price with the £83 mentioned by mgreaves.

@mgreaves how u guys getting on ?make sure u have the statement of service from current employer notarised And CV do sign as advised by @Sevenpot.Hope myn will be accepted now...

@james have u shopped around yet for notaries.some of them charge exorbitant fees I.e 50 -60 quid a doc ......

mgreaves Jun 18th 2015 7:52 am

We were mainly waiting for the Uni documents (this took 3 months!) but they came through last week so now just need the statement of service, my partner only asked for these a couple of weeks ago and we have been away so she was chasing them yesterday/today. Hopefully we can submit the application early next week.

I am an accountant and the process for me to transfer my registration seems very straight forward in comparison to this!

ZULU2000 Jun 24th 2015 6:17 am

@mgreaves lucky you .

Quick update received an email stating that application has progressed to national team who verify international qualifications no timeframe given as to how long this will take ,I suppose it's just a waiting game now.The email did say I might be asked to provide more info I hope NOT.

Fingers crossed.@sevenpot any updates yet?

Dorothy Jun 24th 2015 1:57 pm

Just a quick hint here for you Zulu...

BE is not Twitter. There's no need for the "@" symbol when answering a specific poster. All you need to do is click on the "QUOTE" button or if you want to reply to multiple posters in a single reply you just click on the little box just to the right of the "QUOTE" box on each post you want to include then hit "NEW REPLY"

sevenpot Jun 24th 2015 6:05 pm

Hi Zulu

I have received an email to confirm that they have received my NMC verification, nothing else.

ZULU2000 Jun 25th 2015 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 11683593)
Just a quick hint here for you Zulu...

BE is not Twitter. There's no need for the "@" symbol when answering a specific poster. All you need to do is click on the "QUOTE" button or if you want to reply to multiple posters in a single reply you just click on the little box just to the right of the "QUOTE" box on each post you want to include then hit "NEW REPLY"

I am still learning Dorothy thnx for the tip.

ZULU2000 Jun 25th 2015 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by sevenpot (Post 11683845)
Hi Zulu

I have received an email to confirm that they have received my NMC verification, nothing else.

Fingers crossed for you too .

mgreaves Jul 3rd 2015 6:50 am

We have finally got all paperwork together (I hope), where did you guys get the copies certified?

I have rang a couple of local courts and been quoted £25 a document and £60 a document, the Australian embasy in London has £15 a document on their website.

Can you recommend anywhere cheaper?

sevenpot Jul 3rd 2015 9:34 am

Hello mgreaves
I did attend the magistrate court and paid one off £60 for the bundle of documents (more than 25). I think this is the cheaper option.

mgreaves Jul 3rd 2015 9:43 am

Originally Posted by sevenpot (Post 11690745)
Hello mgreaves
I did attend the magistrate court and paid one off £60 for the bundle of documents (more than 25). I think this is the cheaper option.

The two local courts here quoted per document and would not do a batch price.

I have just rang a few notaries who are local and 4 are now off on holiday!

I have managed to get two quotes, the first is £80 for document 1 and then £10 for each of the rest, another quote is £120(estimate) for 10 documents.

I am going to see if I have anyone on Facebook who can do it but I do not think so, so it looks like we will be paying £120.

Thanks for the help.

ZULU2000 Jul 7th 2015 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by mgreaves (Post 11690750)
The two local courts here quoted per document and would not do a batch price.

I have just rang a few notaries who are local and 4 are now off on holiday!

I have managed to get two quotes, the first is £80 for document 1 and then £10 for each of the rest, another quote is £120(estimate) for 10 documents.

I am going to see if I have anyone on Facebook who can do it but I do not think so, so it looks like we will be paying £120.

Thanks for the help.

Hie sorry for late response it appears £120 is your best bet.Strange how courts charge different fees you would think it will be same across all counties..

Hope you sorted.

ZULU2000 Jul 7th 2015 2:31 pm

Update getting frustrated.

Well email came through today I have to resend my criterion 5 which asks about clinical hours ,apparently it has to be certified .
The one sent was original and it was signed by head of school of health ..really AHPRAH feel like giving up.They can see its from university I responded and said can uni electronically verify I know they will say no but just thought I would try .

Although I was liaising with Perth office I have noted that it's Sydney office dealing with my application now.Pulling my hair out...

ZULU2000 Jul 7th 2015 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by sevenpot (Post 11690745)
Hello mgreaves

Hey thre just a quick one .
Did you have confirmation of your clinical hours confirmation certified when u sent it off?

mgreaves Jul 7th 2015 3:02 pm

We have an appointment with a Notary on Friday so will hopefully have it sent this week! £120 + VAT for 10 documents, however I have counted the university document as 1 and i have a feeling they will count it as multiple (it has many many pages).

I have not checked all the details that university have sent us but they said they have done this before and that what they sent meets the requirements. I will double check this tonight now you have said that though!

ZULU2000 Jul 7th 2015 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by mgreaves (Post 11693818)
We have an appointment with a Notary on Friday so will hopefully have it sent this week! £120 + VAT for 10 documents, however I have counted the university document as 1 and i have a feeling they will count it as multiple (it has many many pages).

I have not checked all the details that university have sent us but they said they have done this before and that what they sent meets the requirements. I will double check this tonight now you have said that though!

Make sure you check it and double check pharmacology /medicine management.Have you had from fit2work yet? they are usually quick.Will wait for their response to my email but have since email the lady who assisted me last from my uni to redo a confirmation of clinical hours letter.

Sevenpot please shed some light regarding your clinical hours confirmation criteria 5 .

mgreaves Jul 7th 2015 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by ZULU2000 (Post 11693946)
Make sure you check it and double check pharmacology /medicine management.Have you had from fit2work yet? they are usually quick.Will wait for their response to my email but have since email the lady who assisted me last from my uni to redo a confirmation of clinical hours letter.

Sevenpot please shed some light regarding your clinical hours confirmation criteria 5 .

Yes Fit2Work has come back.

The clinical hours is simply a list of hospitals/wards and weeks worked with an hours to weeks conversion, signed and on headed paper. My only concern with this is that they have abbreviated the hospital names and wards, but this is listed in detail again on the CV.

There are a couple of letters regarding the pharmacology/medicine management side of things, the first explains the course follows EU directives which require all nurses to do this and references the relevant sections in the course outline, and the second is the EU directives list/explanation stating this is a requirement for UK nurses.

All of this comes with a coversheet with a check list so I may send this as well.

ZULU2000 Jul 7th 2015 8:46 pm

[QUOTE=mgreaves;11693993]Yes Fit2Work has come back.

The clinical hours is simply a list of hospitals/wards and weeks worked with an hours to weeks conversion, signed and on headed paper. My only concern with this is that they have abbreviated the hospital names and wards, but this is listed in detail again on the CV.

There are a couple of letters regarding the pharmacology/medicine management side of things, the first explains the course follows EU directives which require all nurses to do this and references the relevant sections in the course outline, and the second is the EU directives list/explanation stating this is a requirement for UK nurses.

All of this comes with a coversheet with a check list so I may send this as well

All good ,all the best

ZULU2000 Jul 7th 2015 9:08 pm

Your program of study included a minimum of 800 hours of workplace experience* providing exposure to a variety of healthcare settings.

*Definition of workplace experience is taken from the 2012 ANMAC Registered Nurse Accreditation Standards, and used with permission:

‘a component of nursing education which allows students to use judgment when applying theoretical knowledge in an actual practice setting. Includes concept of 'clinical training' as set out under National Law.’

Hey guys I can't seem to find the old version of IQNM 1-8 which told us what an applicant had to provide or what your place of study has to sent direct to AHPRAH that version did not ask for evidence to be certified it only says provide the evidence of work place hours

ZULU2000 Jul 9th 2015 11:15 am

Quick update after a few emails back an fourth Ahpra have agreed for my uni to send confirmation via email yes Ahpra I couldn't believe so that's has been done now just waiting for a response now pheeewwww ....

mgreaves Jul 10th 2015 2:34 pm

That is a relief Zulu.

The application is now in the post, sent by Royal Mail tracked at £19! Had to pay £165 to get the documents notarised, he made all copies himself and each document was signed and bound to his template and sealed with ribbon/sticker as well as being stamped.

For anyone else out there the following was certified:
Degree certificate + transcript
Degree course outline (90 pages)
Letter from Uni explaining pharmacology etc.
Letter from Uni stating hours on placement
Letter from AQA stating GCSE's were taught and assessed in English with a transcript of results (School has closed down so had to go to the examining board!)
Work reference/testimonials each with a job description for each of the 3 jobs held since graduation
Passport
Driving License
Bank Statement + Credit Card

Along with this was a copy of the Fit2Work cover page and a signed CV.

I think (HOPE) this is everything.