Ahpra and diploma

Old Mar 12th 2014, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ahpra and diploma

The facts are simple: Overseas Nurses SHOULD use reputable Agencies.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 12:10 am
Just Joined

hales79 is an unknown quantity at this point

When you mean agencies do you mean employment or visa because I don't know how going through an agent would of helped me for either! They stopped all applications incomplete and new from October to Feb ?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Michaelalou is an unknown quantity at this point

I literally applied straight to aphrA I didn't use any agency I just filled a form and sent my documents. I wasn't even aware there's another way to do it

And yeah, the over qualified status to be a hca is something I've faced too!
Old Mar 13th 2014, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

Which office did you send it to?

Originally Posted by hales79
When you mean agencies do you mean employment or visa because I don't know how going through an agent would of helped me for either! They stopped all applications incomplete and new from October to Feb ?
Old Mar 13th 2014, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Brisbane, although New South Wales are handling it now after the changes apparently.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 4:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by genorm
Which office did you send it to?
Perth
Old Mar 14th 2014, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Oops just realised that wasn't for me lol
Old Mar 14th 2014, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane office is notoriously slow, but things will be even slower in Sydney. Perth is fairly slow too.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Well they all will be now lol
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

We just got a nurse through in five weeks - 3 weeks to get acknowledgement and another two weeks to LOE.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 6:15 pm
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say...Brisbane have been very quick in my opinion. They received my application on the Wednesday and I had an email confirmation of receipt on the Friday. I've had constant updates form them and next day replies to my queries. I've just sent outstanding information to them and that should be with them next Tuesday. they've been extremely helpful...more so than the NMC.
I'll post once I know more and I'll also post so everyone can see where I had a problem.

shaun
Old Mar 14th 2014, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

JoanneP is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=hales79;11164551]I am diploma qualified ( not advanced just regular lol) and have spoke to my university in the UK and they have sent the letters for each of the new criteria (a letter actually for each), to AHPRA the criteria 2,3,8 were requested by AHPRA and I was concerned that I may not of covered Criteria 8 ( pharmacokinetics etc) but they have confirmed I have, So now it's just the waiting game.[/QUOTE

Hi i have just read that they want bachelors and i only have a diploma ive been nursing for 20 yrs now.i want to move and work there this year i just got my paperwork together and found out that i may need a bachelors.ive sent them an e mail asking if it is even worth applying.please let me know how you get on.i am working in usa and have for 16 yes but trained in uk and have diploma.i hope it is enough if not i dont know what to do
Old Mar 17th 2014, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

mdhillug03 is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife has a Diploma of HE Nursing from a UK HEI, would this mean she is registered as a EN or RN.

Do you need to have a VISA to get registration or can you gain Australian registration without one.

Thanks
Mark
Old Mar 17th 2014, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

I have the diploma in higher education in adult nursing and I can confirm I am skilled assessed by anmac as a recognised registered nurse then you have to apply to ahpra to get your registration they pass your file over from anmac to ahpra but make sure all documents are certified anmac will take colour photocopies but ahpra won't ( so had to do over which in inconvenient and stupid) I have confirmation from Northumbria Uni in the UK that criteria 2,3 & 8 ( which invokes pharmacokinetic and dynamics etc) were covered in the diploma. I was worried about criteria 8 but it's fine!
Old Mar 18th 2014, 10:27 am
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michaelalou
I literally applied straight to aphrA I didn't use any agency I just filled a form and sent my documents. I wasn't even aware there's another way to do it

And yeah, the over qualified status to be a hca is something I've faced too!
Hi
I did the same as you - completed the form and sent my documents.

doing it myself felt like I was more in control.

Shaun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.