ahpra

Old Feb 13th 2016, 4:46 am
Just Joined

trefer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ahpra

Hi I'm on a fact finding information , my wife and I are thinking of moving to Australia, I was wondering how much is it to register with ahpra
Old Feb 13th 2016, 5:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ahpra

Originally Posted by trefer
Hi I'm on a fact finding information , my wife and I are thinking of moving to Australia, I was wondering how much is it to register with ahpra
Partly depends what you are registering as? A nurse? GP?

Fees for nurses are here Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia - Fees for Nurses and Midwives
but you also need to factor in getting copies of dcuments and transcripts,police checks etc.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 5:55 am
Just Joined

I'm meant to say , I be registering as a nurse,
Old Feb 13th 2016, 6:10 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Is your qualification at degree level?
Old Feb 13th 2016, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Yeah Im degree level , I have also studied a module at master level and currently working as a senior nurse practitioner
Old Feb 13th 2016, 7:27 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Im degree level , I have also studied a module at master level and currently working as a senior nurse practitioner
Well that is the first hurdle cleared...Grade is irrelevant.

You need degree level training in order to register....many UK nurses do not and are unable to work in Australia.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Were unsure on location, does anyone have any ideas , we initially thought Melbourne but heard it can be costly
Old Feb 13th 2016, 8:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Were unsure on location, does anyone have any ideas , we initially thought Melbourne but heard it can be costly
First get your registration and then your visa.

Work, and where to live, may well be dependent on where you can find a job...it is not as easy for nurses as it used to be......many services have been cutting back on staff.

It is usually possible to find some work but to find a job which you want to do can be a different matter.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 2:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have a good read of the AHPRA site for their requirements then, and also of the threads in this forum - there are several posters who have gone through it, or are in the middle of registering and can give you some hints and help.