Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations
Reload this Page >

(About to become a) newly-qualified RMN, looking to work in Canada

(About to become a) newly-qualified RMN, looking to work in Canada

Old Sep 14th 2010, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

ant368uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default (About to become a) newly-qualified RMN, looking to work in Canada

Hello all:-)

I know that in Canada I can directly apply to register my RMN with Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia and Saskatchewan. I suppose what I am looking to know is:

1) What are the job prospects like for newly-qualified UK RMNs in those provinces, and which are the best people to apply for a job through?

2) I have actually got 5 months left on my training course, is now too early to apply for jobs in Western Canada? Do I need to actually have my PIN first?

3) I will only have the DipHE, not the BSc degree (I have a Master's degree in an unrelated subject, so I am educated to post-grad level as it is). Will prospective mental health employers over there care much?

Any general advice on emigrating and moving to W Canada from nurses who've been there and done it would also be gratefully received! I suppose as well, should I be applying for a visa before a job, or after?

Many thanks!

Kind Regards,
Antony
Old Sep 14th 2010, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (About to become a) newly-qualified RMN, looking to work in Canada

Jobs generally ask for passing of exam or eligibility to sit exam, can't do that until you have applied to the province college and been assessed and for that you need complete set of transcripts and license in the UK