136 or ENS

Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Jes48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 136 or ENS

Hi everyone,

Just need a bit of advice about the ENS. We want to move to Aussie permanently but a bit unsure what ENS does for us. What happens when the job,visa runs out after 2-4 years?

We know that a temp visa is not the way to go, but my OH has an interview lined up via an agency next week for hospital in Adelaide and we need to make sure about the visa's.

Many thanks for any help.

And for those of you who have read my posts before here is the joke.............
Old couple in church, during service she whispers "I just done a silent fart, what should I do?" He says "put a new battery in your hearing aid".
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 136 or ENS

Originally Posted by Jes48
Hi everyone,

Just need a bit of advice about the ENS. We want to move to Aussie permanently but a bit unsure what ENS does for us. What happens when the job,visa runs out after 2-4 years?

We know that a temp visa is not the way to go, but my OH has an interview lined up via an agency next week for hospital in Adelaide and we need to make sure about the visa's.
An ENS visa is permanent, not temporary.

However, it's very important you don't get confused between the different visas. There is a temporary visa (457) that is not ENS and is definitely not permanent.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:54 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: 136 or ENS

Hiya,
I have a ENS visa(subclass 121) which is permanent and was granted in 21 days.It did take ages to get my skill assessment though,so the whole process took about 6 months.
I am expected to stay with my employer for 3 years but if I dont ,and have a genuine reason for not ,I still keep my PR.
Andy
Old Mar 1st 2007, 2:42 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
Hiya,
I have a ENS visa(subclass 121) which is permanent and was granted in 21 days.It did take ages to get my skill assessment though,so the whole process took about 6 months.
I am expected to stay with my employer for 3 years but if I dont ,and have a genuine reason for not ,I still keep my PR.
Andy
Hi Andy,
Would hating the place be considered a good reason? I am currently trying to decide between these 2 visa's and wouldn't want to be stuck somewhere I hated.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Jes48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Well Velna has an interview soon, the agency has said that it would be with a 457 temp visa. Not too keen on this idea, Jeremy (my name sake by the way!) AKA JAJ (and many thanks to you Jeremy, you must live on these forums!) points out many people have problems with it and as we are moving over with two kids we want to make sure we do the right thing.

But so far Velna has only one interview, there does not seem to be an awful lot of operating theatre jobs going. If she gets offered the job and they will not give her an ENS we will seriously have to think about it.
Has anyone come on a 457 and then got PR? if so how did you go about it.

bye for now, sorry run out of clean jokes!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:18 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi Andy,
Would hating the place be considered a good reason? I am currently trying to decide between these 2 visa's and wouldn't want to be stuck somewhere I hated.
Hi,
Yes I believe it would.I am under the impression as long as you give it a good go but still hate it,that would be a good enough reason.I am under no more obligation to stay with my employer than anyone else.My contract is the same as my co workers-the usual 4 weeks notice to leave.
I have really checked this out as I was similar to you and didnt want to hate it and feel trapped ,making it really hard to settle.
Good luck with whatever you decide.It took my visa 21 days to be granted once I sent my part of the application went in!Scary!
Andy
Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

Well Velna has an interview soon, the agency has said that it would be with a 457 temp visa. Not too keen on this idea, Jeremy (my name sake by the way!) AKA JAJ (and many thanks to you Jeremy, you must live on these forums!) points out many people have problems with it and as we are moving over with two kids we want to make sure we do the right thing.

But so far Velna has only one interview, there does not seem to be an awful lot of operating theatre jobs going. If she gets offered the job and they will not give her an ENS we will seriously have to think about it.

bye for now, sorry run out of clean jokes!
Hiya,
At interview I was offered a 457 but said I couldnt go unless I had PR.They changed their offer and I got my ENS visa.Its worth a try!
Andy
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:20 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Many people have come on 457 and got PR without problems. Others have had to go home whether they wanted to or not.

Still others have got PR in the end, but were badly stung in the meantime by some of the problems that 457 holders encounter (higher health/schooling costs, lack of access to social benefits etc)

If you came to Australia on a 457 visa which group would you end up in? Do you feel lucky ... ?

Best not to mention visas until they offer the job. Once they make that offer it's clear you're the solution to their problem and that's the time to negotiate. But it would depend on whether you are prepared to say "no deal" if they insist on a 457 visa.

If you say you are both nurses, have you not looked at the 136 visa? Or alternatively a Skill Matching (134) visa sponsored by a participating state/territory?
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:50 am

[QUOTE=JAJ;4471579]

"Best not to mention visas until they offer the job. Once they make that offer it's clear you're the solution to their problem and that's the time to negotiate. But it would depend on whether you are prepared to say "no deal" if they insist on a 457 visa."

I totally agree.I asked about the visa once they offered me a job.I was approached by another hospital too ,so this made my negotiating position quite strong.
Good luck
Andy