****warning Nursing Agencies****

Old May 26th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default ****warning Nursing Agencies****

Just a quick warning regarding nursing recruitment agencies. You may remember I had a terrible time with Oxley Health nursing agency based in Brisbane. It seems the recruitment consultant concerned is now working for/or has set up another agency called 'Australian recruiting'. Be very very careful or steer clear. Just do a search and you'll find in detail the problems I had. Best wishes annie
Old May 30th 2005, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ****warning Nursing Agencies****

Originally Posted by glittababe
Just a quick warning regarding nursing recruitment agencies. You may remember I had a terrible time with Oxley Health nursing agency based in Brisbane. It seems the recruitment consultant concerned is now working for/or has set up another agency called 'Australian recruiting'. Be very very careful or steer clear. Just do a search and you'll find in detail the problems I had. Best wishes annie
Just bumping this one to top again as I've just read Lyn has been in contact with Australia Recruiting and Fay Samios. She is not to be trusted and I'm currently going through the long process of trying to get compensation from the company that previously employed her (Oxley).
Old May 30th 2005, 7:09 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup thank god for this forum!!!! Fay herself has been in touch with me by e-mail promising a community job no problems - I knew it was too good to be true so thats why I posted the thread on the other 'Australia' forum as I had doubts about how genuine the company was - thank god others made me realise that this was the same recruitment consultant that Glittababe had all the awful dealings with......the words - won't, touch, bargepole, spring to mind :scared: - infact I'm frightened to consider any agency now - it seems the only way to go is to apply direct to Blue care, Queensland health or the St Lukes Nursing service for community nursing vacancies.

'Australian Recruiting' are advertising on www.seek.com.au by the way -

Lynn
Old May 30th 2005, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Isnt it easier applying directly to the health board / hospital and miss out the agency. They all have web sites with current vacancies and contact information.

Never been a fan of agencies.
Old May 30th 2005, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Yup thank god for this forum!!!! Fay herself has been in touch with me by e-mail promising a community job no problems - I knew it was too good to be true so thats why I posted the thread on the other 'Australia' forum as I had doubts about how genuine the company was - thank god others made me realise that this was the same recruitment consultant that Glittababe had all the awful dealings with......the words - won't, touch, bargepole, spring to mind :scared: - infact I'm frightened to consider any agency now - it seems the only way to go is to apply direct to Blue care, Queensland health or the St Lukes Nursing service for community nursing vacancies.

Lynn
Lyn my friend works for Bluecare in Bayside and applied directly. they don't like recruiting from agencies as they're charged stacks and have to deal with people like Fay Samios screwing them over! A good agency if you are considering it (it should be the last resort tho) is Acclaim recruitment in brisbane. Always apply directly. Just put your CV out and wait for the response! So glad you haven't made the very costly mistake I made! Just tell her direc`tly her reputation goes before her and you're not interested! good luck
Old May 30th 2005, 8:59 pm
Avoiding Plates

Gary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun

Lynn
Sorry to go a little off topic, but what "other Australia Forum"????

(Sorry, I'm always on the lookout for sources of information)
Old May 30th 2005, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gary&Family
Sorry to go a little off topic, but what "other Australia Forum"????

(Sorry, I'm always on the lookout for sources of information)
the 'lifestyle' forum - go to discussion forum at teh top of the page and click on australia X
Old May 31st 2005, 12:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
Isnt it easier applying directly to the health board / hospital and miss out the agency. They all have web sites with current vacancies and contact information.

It's much less of a problem when you have a permanent visa and can work for whomever you like.

Most of the real 'horror stories' reported on these forums have tended to involve 457 visa holders.

Jeremy
Old May 31st 2005, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paulb

I've done a search on seek.com and can't find the agency? Just wanted to see if she was promising the same as before, $100 bonus after working 10 days, free uniform (well two tunics), 'wide' choice of jobs at hours to suit etc (normal agency cr@p really). Friend emailed me the actual job advert but I deleted it by accident!
Old May 31st 2005, 6:02 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glittababe
I've done a search on seek.com and can't find the agency? Just wanted to see if she was promising the same as before, $100 bonus after working 10 days, free uniform (well two tunics), 'wide' choice of jobs at hours to suit etc (normal agency cr@p really). Friend emailed me the actual job advert but I deleted it by accident!
This is the link to the job - it dosen't promise all that but I bet you the community jobs hardly exist and that they would place you in a nursing home or something!

Lynn

http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/ind...alisation=2159

p.s the advert is number 7

Last edited by lynnlovessun; May 31st 2005 at 6:04 pm.