work in New Zealand - phlebotomist & rail worker

work in New Zealand - phlebotomist & rail worker

Old Jan 18th 2014, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

tracey40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work in New Zealand

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
They are normally only out at night, and not in front of mirrors
Im afraid we now have a special cream that allows us to go out during the day, mirrors are not a problem either
Old Jan 18th 2014, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: work in New Zealand

Originally Posted by MOSO
Yes, the rail network is tiny in comparison to the UK but certainly around Wellington it's the way many people get to work and the tunnel provides fast access to the Wairarapa. They are talking about extending the electrification up to Levin on the Kapiti Line. You could certainly live away from the city and still work on the railway.

This website seems to have a few jobs at Kiwirail on it.

http://www.jobseeker.co.nz/Kiwirail-jobs-in-New-Zealand
I think my OH is going to struggle to find work, but never say never , all we can do is keep trying. From what i have been reading on the forum the cost of living is extremely high so we will struggle on my income alone. We'll see . Thanks for the website
Old Jan 20th 2014, 10:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: work in New Zealand - phlebotomist & rail worker

HHmm. Careers NZ suggest the salary range is between $42K and $52K. That is a little low . However, if you are a young couple with no kids and your OH will do any work until he found a rail job, then it may be doable.

Wellington sounds the best bet.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Default Re: work in New Zealand - phlebotomist & rail worker

Originally Posted by BEVS
HHmm. Careers NZ suggest the salary range is between $42K and $52K. That is a little low . However, if you are a young couple with no kids and your OH will do any work until he found a rail job, then it may be doable.

Wellington sounds the best bet.
Hiya, I am 40 and my OH is 43 (we're fairly young), we have a little girl at 3. My OH is prepared to do other work but its the length of time it would take to find the work and if we could live comfortable on my income until he did. My little girl can be quite expensive with clothing, shoes etc.