Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

work in New Zealand - phlebotomist & rail worker

work in New Zealand - phlebotomist & rail worker

Old Jan 12th 2014, 11:28 am
Just Joined

tracey40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work in New Zealand - phlebotomist & rail worker

Hi everyone, I am new to forums so please forgive me for any mistakes i make . I am hoping to immigrate in the near future and where i can find work for myself, i am a phlebotomist, i am struggling to find work for my partner. he is in railway construction and holds quite a few tickets for various skills. Could anyone help with any NZ railway company websites. Thanks.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: work in New Zealand

Originally Posted by tracey40
Hi everyone, I am new to forums so please forgive me for any mistakes i make . I am hoping to immigrate in the near future and where i can find work for myself, i am a phlebotomist, i am struggling to find work for my partner. he is in railway construction and holds quite a few tickets for various skills. Could anyone help with any NZ railway company websites. Thanks.
kiwirail.co.nz
transport.govt.nz

can only think of them two, sorry
Old Jan 12th 2014, 10:51 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE
Have you looked at the visa requirements yet? Are you looking for a permanent stay or something temporary?
P
Old Jan 13th 2014, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tom1983
kiwirail.co.nz
transport.govt.nz

can only think of them two, sorry
Thanks very much. I'll say to my partner to have a look at them. Hopefully he'll find something on them. thanks again.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Persephone
Welcome to BE
Have you looked at the visa requirements yet? Are you looking for a permanent stay or something temporary?
P
I have, my job is on the skills shortage list, not sure about my partner as his railway qualifications will probably be different in NZ. We are looking for a permanent visa as we have a 3 year old aswell. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 5:30 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I had a check on the skills shortage lists and can't find phlebotomist - Though it has been known to play up

This does have some links to sites that may be of use for you:
http://http://www.careers.govt.nz/jo...-opportunities

Have you checked whether your husband's qualifications are recognised?
Old Jan 13th 2014, 5:38 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't find it either ?

tracey - where are you seeing it please?
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:01 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

someone has kindly shown me the error of my way

Health and Social Services Medical Laboratory Technician (Phlebotomy and Histology Technicians) (311213) Minimum two year medical qualification as recognised by the Medical Laboratory Scientists Board as suitable for registration as a medical laboratory technician AND a minimum of 12 months' relevant post–qualification work experience in a medical laboratory or a blood donor centre

which is on the Immediate Skilled Shortage list
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan

Health and Social Services Medical Laboratory Technician (Phlebotomy and Histology Technicians) (311213) Minimum two year medical qualification as recognised by the Medical Laboratory Scientists Board as suitable for registration as a medical laboratory technician AND a minimum of 12 months' relevant post–qualification work experience in a medical laboratory or a blood donor centre

yep thats the one.

i was on a nz gov site and found my job on the skills short list there.

dont recall the exact site sorry.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:36 pm

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

where you would need to fill in your visa application and has lots of information on how to do things and what is needed
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

I had a check on the skills shortage lists and can't find phlebotomist - Though it has been known to play up

This does have some links to sites that may be of use for you:
http://http://www.careers.govt.nz/jo...-opportunities

Have you checked whether your husband's qualifications are recognised?
I have a mara agent who is going to transfer his UK qualifications (and mine) into the NZ equivalent. .

Thanks for the website information
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:49 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Aah, there it is I tried various possibles but not that

Only thing is that you can't claim extra points on your EOI for a job on the ISSL. However it makes it easier for an employer to offer you a job and for you to get a work visa (temporary). The job offer would help you gain residency as a skilled migrant. If the employer is willing to wait long enough then you may be able to go straight to the skilled migrant category since you have a job offer in place I'd be surprised if an employer would pay for anything more than a work visa though but you can only ask if and when!
P

Last edited by Persephone; Jan 13th 2014 at 6:52 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

where you would need to fill in your visa application and has lots of information on how to do things and what is needed
thank you very much,i shall have a look.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Aah, there it is I tried various possibles but not that

Only thing is that you can't claim extra points on your EOI for a job on the ISSL. However it makes it easier for an employer to offer you a job and for you to get a work visa (temporary). The job offer would help you gain residency as a skilled migrant. If the employer is willing to wait long enough then you may be able to go straight to the skilled migrant category since you have a job offer in place I'd be surprised if an employer would pay for anything more than a work visa though but you can only ask if and when!
P
Thanks for the information. To be honest i wasn't even thinking of an employer paying for anything. I expected to do it myself .
Old Jan 13th 2014, 7:08 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by tracey40
Thanks for the information. To be honest i wasn't even thinking of an employer paying for anything. I expected to do it myself .
So sorry, I'm confusing you with someone else on another thread! apologies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.