What to do

Old Dec 13th 2014, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

samboka1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do

hi all,
we have been here 1.5 years now and are on 3 year work visa, we want to stay and get residency. We have two choices

1) we apply like anyone else through the EOI and see how we get on (we do qualify to be picked under the points system as we both work) so should be ok but you never know.

2) we can get a work to residence visa through my partners work (almost guaranteed).

the question I have is that I would like to get my residency soon rather than wait another two years under option 2 as we will get residency after a 2 year work visa.

Can anyone give me any guidance on there experience

sam
Old Dec 13th 2014, 8:00 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do

have you done the points calculator on the immigration site to clarify your points under EOI? if so what points do you get? it would seem the most sensible and cheapest option if you can get it
Old Dec 14th 2014, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

samboka1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

yes I have completed the points test and we qualify under this system

sam
Old Dec 14th 2014, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Chocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really nice

I'd go for residency Option 1 as you already know residency in NZ is what you want. You never know, the rules might change in the future making it more difficult to get. Unlikely but it is possible.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 9:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

If you have a good 140 points and are working here in NZ then it's a no brainer really. You go straight for residency to ensure and protect your long term future in NZ.