Reload this Page >

Wellington childcare

Wellington childcare

Old Feb 6th 2016, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

emmamcmenamin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wellington childcare

Help! And quick too please!
I've got a job in Wellington hospital, but my husband's potential job in Lower Hutt requires him to live in the northern suburbs i.e. Wadestown at the most southern. But I cannot for the life of me find full time childcare for my 4yr old and 1yr old together. Many options are only til mid afternoon, only term time or cannot accommodate both ages.
Is there some secret way of achieving childcare in Wellington for working parents that I don't know about?!
Any advice gratefully received that doesn't include dropping our hours. We'll both be working 4 days a week all day.
Thanks in advance
Emma
Old Feb 6th 2016, 8:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wellington childcare

Hi and welcome to BE.

Not sure if you are still in the UK, so I will let you know that it is a long weekend here so people may have taken advantage to pop away fora couple of nights. Also it is a blasting hot and sunny Sunday so you may not see a response of any sort until our evening time.

Perhaps a nanny is the way to go.
Old Feb 6th 2016, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

emmamcmenamin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the heads up. When I said quick, I really meant in the next few days. It's getting to crunch time for my husband deciding about his job and I need to know our kids can be looked after!
Old Feb 7th 2016, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried ikids? Quality Wellington Childcare | I-Kids Childcare Centre You could have a look at porse.co.nz too. There's also Whanau Manaaki in Wadestown which says it's open in the holidays and term time.

Hopefully someone with kids the right age in Wellington will be able to help you further.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

MegMac has a spectacular aura aboutMegMac has a spectacular aura aboutMegMac has a spectacular aura about

Have you tried Porse? They are like childminders. There are quite a few in our area and they all come highly recommended. Im sure you could find some in Wellington.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 7:59 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Student Job Search could be a good place. You post the job with the criteria you want and need, they screen the applicants and only put forward the best 4 for the job. Does not cost you anything to post the job
Old Feb 7th 2016, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmamcmenamin
Help! And quick too please!
I've got a job in Wellington hospital, but my husband's potential job in Lower Hutt requires him to live in the northern suburbs i.e. Wadestown at the most southern. But I cannot for the life of me find full time childcare for my 4yr old and 1yr old together. Many options are only til mid afternoon, only term time or cannot accommodate both ages.
Is there some secret way of achieving childcare in Wellington for working parents that I don't know about?!
Any advice gratefully received that doesn't include dropping our hours. We'll both be working 4 days a week all day.
Thanks in advance
Emma
Have you tried Kindercare ?
There's one very close to Wadestown and one in Johnsonville. Our boy went to the Johnsonville one and loved it. They are expensive but kids are well looked after and the teachers are great.
Understand they can be busy and have a waiting list.