Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

we got our visa!!!!

we got our visa!!!!

Old Sep 18th 2014, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

desperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of light
Default we got our visa!!!!

hi there!

just to let you all know that today we were granted our temp work visas!

very excited to be joining my family in new zealand and making new friends and a new life!

many thanks for everyone who has given me advise over the last 6 months or so.

lots of love and luck to everyone

gemma
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:53 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we got our visa!!!!

congrats - hope in the long run it leads to a more permanent visa for you if that is indeed something you decide you would like once being here for a while
Old Sep 18th 2014, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

desperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of lightdesperateBrit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
congrats - hope in the long run it leads to a more permanent visa for you if that is indeed something you decide you would like once being here for a while
hi there,

yes we will apply for residence in 2 years. very very pleased thank you so much. where abouts are u? have you been in nz long?
Old Sep 18th 2014, 8:41 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Kapiti coast, been here since Jan 2012. still not sure if we will be staying though, will give it til the 5yrs to get the kids citizenship and then look at things
Old Sep 19th 2014, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done and you're coming in time for what will hopefully be a great summer
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 10:26 am
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats we are on 2 yr wtr. In methven x
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

hi guys, ill be in tauranga but hubby will be in aucks. unfortunatly we just cannot afford to buy in auckland. we own our house here with no mortgage and to buy there out right in aucks we would need a mortgage. so 4/7 days he will be there bummer! im terrified about it! where abouts is methven? are u enjoying it? do you have children? x
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 8:33 pm
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

It's around an hour west of christchurch. Yeh loving it beautiful community. Great for kids to group up.mine are 1 and 2. We looked into Auckland but even on 90 k a year we couldn't manage.

My husbands in farming here he gets more money n less hours so more time with the family
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

wowza $90k! my husband is on literally half that! hence why we cannot afford to buy in aucks and get a mortgage! i need to buy a house in tauranga where its cheaper. im so scared about how we will live while he is on that wage! sounds like u have a wonderful life and are very happy. i hope we will be too! x
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 2:35 am
Nz

Are you living around family? Have you properly looked at the cost of living?
It's strange because around where we are apart from food and appliances . I mean just rent plus gas bills works out cheaper than where we were in uk.
You need a larger wage to live in nz though. Are you going to find work?
I have 2 under 3s. So we are living off one wage. I'd struggle to get anything full time over 45 here.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

im moving to tauranga, around my mum, dad and brothers and there families. but my poor husband has to rent a room in aucks for at least a year to work up there. makes me feel terribly sad. i know the food is a bigger cost, but i need to lose weight so i see it as a good thing lol! i have no idea and utilities....... but i dont need a mortgage or rent so thats a weight off my mind. are u on the south island? x
Old Sep 24th 2014, 12:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm a slacker. How have I missed this great news.

I am so very pleased to read you have a visa in your gardening mitts.

I think it's brilliant that you and him are prepared to do some hard yards to get where you want to be. Fair play to you both.

Have him keep with the job offer he has, despite that wretched distance involved. It will do you all good service as a family.

If you now have 140 points , really think about applying for Residency as soon as poss if you can. This gives you freedom.
Old Sep 24th 2014, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

my brother says that we have to just slog it out and its not the end of our fighting for what we want, nothing in life that is worth while is never easy, so stuck it up princess! thanks so much! we are so so pleased. no we still need to wait another year for him to prove his 3 years experience, that was the problem with our residence before, he only had 2 years proven experience as he just being cash for the previous 8 years! grrrrrr! bloody bloke, i told him and told him he needed to get him self self employed but did he listen?! only after 8 years of nagging! so one more year of experience, especially i nz, will hopefully sealed the deal! i never like to make assumptions on immigration though! now to move back in with my mum for the next 9-10 weeks, thats the tricky part hehehehe! xx
Old Sep 24th 2014, 9:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Oh yeh. How could I forget that. I have a sieve head. So, one year and should be good to go.

I'd agree about moving back in with the parents being tricky. My parents once moved in with me as their house was flooded out. It was........tricky at times, as you rightly say.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Whoop whoop, congratulations. Welcome to NZ X