Visa advice

Old Jun 11th 2017, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Gemmae31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa advice

Hi everyone,

Me, my partner and young daughter are desperate to make the move after falling in love with New Zealand after a recent visit. My partner is an alarm technician/fire alarm technician which is currently in demand.

But ideally we would like to go out there soon to get a proper feel for it. So was wondering if it was possible for both of us to get a working holiday visa and our daughter a student visa. Then ideally within that time we would be able to start the process of gaining a more permanent visa

Sorry if I make it sound a little confusing but just trying to work out the best option

Thank you in advance
Old Jun 12th 2017, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa advice

Sorry but Im pretty sure you cant apply for a WHV with children.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...g-holiday-visa

Last edited by RobDon; Jun 12th 2017 at 1:26 am.
Old Jun 12th 2017, 1:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Visa advice

Correctamonte Robdon.

The working holiday visa policy is for young individuals to enter NZ to travel and holiday with an opportunity to part finance this by earning some money. There is no provision for a child .

If you and your family wish to visit NZ then you will do so all on a visitors visa.

Yes. Alarm techs are on the immediate shortage list. What this means is that an employer is able to offer the overseas person a job without having to apply the NZ labour test.

Should you gain a job offer whilst here your OH would apply for a temp work permit/visa. You would apply for a family visa and your child would then be able to apply for a student visa. All on the back of that job offer.