Reload this Page >

Update on Parents residents Visa

Update on Parents residents Visa

Old Apr 9th 2018, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

ICIS2378 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Update on Parents residents Visa

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has heard any rumours regarding the re opening of the Parents Resident visa that was closed in 2016.

We were very close to the front of the queue when they closed it and I have been waiting to see what changes the 'Review' of the visa will result in.
I do fear the worst but hope springs eternal
Old Apr 9th 2018, 9:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Update on Parents residents Visa

I've not read anything about this & there is nothing in the NZIS news releases.

Just my opinion but likely there will not be a news release on this until after June 2018.
Policies are usually reviewed twice a year. June/October .
Old Apr 10th 2018, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

INZ have indicated they hope to provide an update on this visa type before June 2018.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

ICIS2378 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks both, we will keep our fingers crossed
Old Apr 10th 2018, 9:41 pm
`

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
INZ have indicated they hope to provide an update on this visa type before June 2018.
I know. I read that also. Let's hope 'they hope' actually happens.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

I've been more or less a stranger since they put the block on.

Money paid, into the first part of the queue and waiting to get selected in about a year.

Then nothing.

It will be interesting to see if anything happens, but all over the world the view seems to be hardening against new immigrants.

Including, I am sorry to say, amongst some of the immigrants on this forum.

If the UK is getting really nasty about immigration and deporting people who came here as children without their own passports and have been here for more than 50 years then it seems unreasonable to expect other countries to be more generous to us.

Since we can't come over and bring the cat with us it looks as though we are stuck here until she dies. Too old to put in a cattery for 6 weeks. At nearly 22 she is looking almost immortal.

At least it is rumoured to be spring here (no clear evidence) whilst it is autumn with you.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 12:53 am
`

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
Since we can't come over and bring the cat with us it looks as though we are stuck here until she dies. Too old to put in a cattery for 6 weeks. At nearly 22 she is looking almost immortal.
Same here but vice versa in countries.