Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

ON TV THIS MORNING - 'WANTED DOWN UNDER'

ON TV THIS MORNING - 'WANTED DOWN UNDER'

Old Jan 5th 2008, 3:44 pm
West Yorkshire to Cairns!

FoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really niceFoxyRuthie is just really nice
Default Re: ON TV THIS MORNING - 'WANTED DOWN UNDER'

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome
I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words...i was a bit apprehensive about how i/we would be perceived but it's all been good so far!

Connie and boyfriend are still going strong...he's even planning a trip out in july....not sure how i feel about that really!

when i watched the last series of the programme i seem to recall their only being included families with small children, that's one of the things i said in my interview for the programme that i felt that having older children would be of interest to lost of families...and with the feedback i've had that seems to be the case
Hi Mandie

Sorry to jump into your thread but I wanted to say how well we though you and your family did and came across so well. We're the Fox family and we're on Thursday 10th, we went to try out Cairns in Oz and are proper scared about how we'll come across. I'm sorry to hear the camera man got in your children's faces I hope the rest the experience was good for you. We had such a great time and we able to try out all the things we wanted too as well. They too showed us a dream house that we thought we couldn;t afford so was a bit upset at first until we found out we could afford it then over the moon!

ANyways glad to hear you're making the move, and from Southampton too I lived there for 20 years my parents live in West End! Glad that Connie is going with you too, she came across as a very mature young woman you should be proud of her.

ANyways all the best with your new life

xxxx
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:49 pm
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FoxyRuthie
Hi Mandie

Sorry to jump into your thread but I wanted to say how well we though you and your family did and came across so well. We're the Fox family and we're on Thursday 10th, we went to try out Cairns in Oz and are proper scared about how we'll come across. I'm sorry to hear the camera man got in your children's faces I hope the rest the experience was good for you. We had such a great time and we able to try out all the things we wanted too as well. They too showed us a dream house that we thought we couldn;t afford so was a bit upset at first until we found out we could afford it then over the moon!

ANyways glad to hear you're making the move, and from Southampton too I lived there for 20 years my parents live in West End! Glad that Connie is going with you too, she came across as a very mature young woman you should be proud of her.

ANyways all the best with your new life

xxxx
Hi, really glad i'll be here to see your programme...can only watch them up to the 11th when we leave the uk.

Actually we don't live in Southampton they got that bit wrong, i work there but live between southampton and portsmouth.

i was a bit miffed that they added the little tiff from the gondola ride there was more stuff that we did that was much more fun and informative...i think they just wanted a bit of strife between us. unfortunately the girls didn't inform rick before hand why poppy was upset otherwise he would have sorted it and not questioned her on camera.

thank you for your lovely comments though...can't wait to see your programme
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:53 pm
aka Mandie.H

11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light11ThousandMilesFromHome is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by treanor family
I will def start my own thread (when Caitlin asleep!)and share our experience, my pleasure.
Hi, welcome to the forum
would be lovely to hear your story...thought your family were really lovely and came across very well.

look forward to reading your story
Old Jan 5th 2008, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

treanor family has a spectacular aura abouttreanor family has a spectacular aura abouttreanor family has a spectacular aura about

Hi, welcome to the forum
would be lovely to hear your story...thought your family were really lovely and came across very well.

look forward to reading your story
Thanks for the welcome Mandie,
Thans wonderful you are heading out on the eleventh. Watching the show has been quite surreal and I can empathise with everyone involved as its quite stressful with kids isnt it? Lauren actually loved Dunedin buy the time we left and when we got home we discussed moving elsewhere in Scotland -she was horrified saying she'd prefer NZ
All the very best with your wonderful adventure, Im sure I'll hear on this forum how things are going.

Jennifer
x
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Zigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant futureZigzag has a brilliant future

Hi to Jennifer and Mandie
and well done to you both and your families!!! We are glued to the show every day, and were last year as well! Jennifer you guys were really messed around with that outside loo, i'm glad that you got a hotel though CAitlin seemed to fall asleep at the drop of a hat! i wish mine would do that!!

MAndie when i was watching last night, i said to my husband that I thought it was you from the forum, but i haven't been on here for months so i had to come on to check! i remember last year when the BBC posted on here for applicants!! Your daughters are fantastic, both very well adjusted and mature!
I am really excited to be able to see the conclusion (or the beginning really) or your story! When the people do the vote at the end of the program i always wondered whether or not they actually go, and its really good to know that you will be there in a weeks time, and I'm glad that Connie has come round! you guys seem to be very laid back i'm sure its all going to be worth it!

I spent a lot of my childhood travelling and being moved between countries and schools, and I think your girls will do marvellously!! Even if they do have to wear long kilts to school!! I know from experience that as horrible as you think the uniform is, you look a lot more ridiculous if you are the only one not wearing it!!!
ANyway please will you keep us informed of your move, all the ups and downs and the reality of it! We are hoping to move to Christchurch, but it won't be for a couple of years yet, and so it will be fascinating to watch your story unfold.

PS. THat 3rd property was fab!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:57 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so it's me and my families turn in the spotlight tomorrow (Friday 4th), should be interesting to see if their editing puts us in a good light or makes us look like a bunch of knobs!!!

my youngest did get upset one day cos the camera man was always in her face with the camera, eldest asked him to stop but he just carried on...he asked if it was because of their dad that she was upset (would make a good story for editing if it was) but it was because of him...wonder it that'll be twisted for good tv moment.

we were fully aware that we'd be 'selling ourselves to the devil' for the week of filming and we handled it well. the girls on the whole found it fine but the camera man got on their nerves so that spoilt it a bit for them...the sound person was brilliant though and we had a fantastic laugh with her...her and connie after a visit to the fudge factory was hilarious...they went high on sugar and went mental!!!
Hi all
Just seen this thread - lovely to see all your family - you came across as a really loving family who are obviously very close - just wanted to say it was good tv and hope you are all happy with your end choice.
Take care and good luck with your futures.
Love Sam x
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:17 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treanor family
Definately not for a free holiday! Wouldnt have put myself or my children through the emotional rollercoaster if we werent genuine. Very personal reasons for not going at this stage but LOVED Dunedin and the Kiwis and think we could and may @ some point in the future have a lovely quality of life there. Think the show does a good job although it is a superficial glance at the lifestlye. Anyway hope people enojyed the show and found it informative.
Jennifer ( Mum , episode 1)

Hi Jennifer
Just found this thread - gosh what a decision you had to make it must have been so hard for you - your daughter not being to sure and your hubby so up for it - sounds like you made the right choice for the moment as you say how could you leave your daughter on the other side of the world any mum would have done the same thing and as you say the door isnt completely shut on a future there some day.
Good on you girl.
Take care and good luck to you all in the future.
Love Sam x
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice Guy Calling

Hey Mandie

NG here.........but you already knew that from the avatar/post name!!!

Just to add many congratulations on the reviews you have had so far and the enchanting and lovely comments about your family.

Very best and warm wishes to your exciting adventure and welcome to the Southern hemisphere...........the place to be!!!

NG
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:54 am
aka Mandie.H

Default Re: Nice Guy Calling

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Hey Mandie

NG here.........but you already knew that from the avatar/post name!!!

Just to add many congratulations on the reviews you have had so far and the enchanting and lovely comments about your family.

Very best and warm wishes to your exciting adventure and welcome to the Southern hemisphere...........the place to be!!!

NG
Thank you NG
Am looking forward to the move and scared to death at the same time...if that make sense!!!

hope you and familiy are well and lovely to see you around
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:01 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Mandie, I don't suppose you're coming via Wellington? Would be most pleased to greet you at the airport / train station (sorry, not sure of your itinerary).
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:30 am
aka Mandie.H

Originally Posted by Maz
Mandie, I don't suppose you're coming via Wellington? Would be most pleased to greet you at the airport / train station (sorry, not sure of your itinerary).
Ah that's a really lovely offer but we're flying directly into chch...if i'm ever up that way though i'll let you know

thank you for the offer, that's was really lovely
Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

knifey_spoony is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.tvcatchup.com/

You can watch Wanted Down Under on that website.The episodes take a few days to be put on but there is a couple on there already.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Kerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to allKerrygold is a name known to all

Originally Posted by happynz
I read somewhere that Blenheim is New Zealand's sunniest city. Generally speaking, the east coast has drier weather than the west coast due to prevailing winds (mind you there are always exceptions).

Christchurch doesn't really suffer from prolonged overcast gray periods.
However much research we do, I always get drawn back to Christchurch. Been showing my Husband the weather reports in the NZ Herald to prove it has good weather. Grey overcast weather is what we want to get away from. Trouble is we need to be fairly near a city for work opportunities, so smaller towns and cities are not an option.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by knifey_spoony

You can watch Wanted Down Under on that website.The episodes take a few days to be put on but there is a couple on there already.
Thanks for that Knifey, will keep looking as can't watch as I am at work.

Mandy and family, I want to wish you all the best!

You all sound lovely and I think you will have a fab adventure.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:38 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knifey_spoony

You can't access this from NZ!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.