Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Track and trace letter NZ to UK.

Track and trace letter NZ to UK.

Old Aug 8th 2017, 6:51 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Track and trace letter NZ to UK.

As per the title, is there any way to do this does anyone know please?

I have an unusual situation where I wish, possibly need to send a letter but really need to know when it arrived and it did arrive. Nothing sinister or horrid and it is not an official type of communication. It is a family matter.

Courier is fine over NZ post.

I dunno. A bit awkward really.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 7:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Track and trace letter NZ to UK.

Yes you can but it costs a bit. You'll need to put it in a large envelope for the consignment notice to stick on. Cost me $40 (I know) to send something for the OH. I jus asked at the post shop and they showed me what I needed. Gave me different price options for the delivery time. This was the cheapest by courier.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

You just need the international courier service with track and trace from NZ Post. Theres also a form you must complete for customs etc.
I've just used it to renew my UK passport - cost $41.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Most courier companies - including post office - offer this facility. Not unusual today.

I always prefer the post office over private (pirate ?) outfits like (CENSORED!!!)
Old Aug 8th 2017, 11:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ta.

So what info is on the consignment notice then?

When I checked out the NZ post office info it seemed to say it would track and trace until it left these shores. Thereafter perhaps not.

I don't want to send this letter and then never know if it actually arrived. Not sure it needs to be signed for even. Just that it has been delivered.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ta.

So what info is on the consignment notice then?

When I checked out the NZ post office info it seemed to say it would track and trace until it left these shores. Thereafter perhaps not.

I don't want to send this letter and then never know if it actually arrived. Not sure it needs to be signed for even. Just that it has been delivered.
You need to specify the item, weight and value.
You can add signature at destination for an extra small fee. My passport was tracked all the way to HM Passport Office in Liverpool.
Old Aug 9th 2017, 12:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the copy consignment notice I sent and it has

Name and address of receiver, the date, name and address of sender, customs declaration ie. documents, list of item, it's value ( I put $1)because something has to be put in! And my signature. I didn't need it signed for at the other end.

The track and trace number I was given on the bottom of my receipt showed what date and time it was delivered on the NZ post website.