Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Today's Weather ...

Today's Weather ...

Old Feb 1st 2011, 1:46 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Today's Weather ...

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Seriously now peeps What winter day time temperatures does your area encounter? How often does midday temperatures stay under 5C and how often does the frost stay on the ground all day? It's 2C here and one of the warmest days for a while so I am trying to get a true picture. I know all temperatures are depending on differences and the stats say one thing but 16C is a comfortable working temperature (factory that is) but what are typical winter temps where you live?
16 degrees in your house in winter isn't that comfortable you know and isn't there a minimum working temperature for most workplaces in Britain of 16 degrees?

Air temperature has been known to get down to 19 degrees during the day here in winter. I put electric blankets on the beds last winter but didn't need them and my heaters are still in boxes in the garage.

Back in Auckland we had a light air frost some mornings, needed heaters and electric blankets at night for months at a time.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
16 degrees in your house in winter isn't that comfortable you know and isn't there a minimum working temperature for most workplaces in Britain of 16 degrees?
Well said. the temperature here in Welly in the winter - particulary my place I mean - its 10 degrees onwards!!!. especially when I get up in the morning, so I turn the heater on, then the temperature only goes up to maximum 16. It usually 15~16 and then just stop. no more... how CR@Ppy eh... the heater is almost useless.. I actually wear more layers at home than outside. including thick winter jacket (at home). Its that uncomfortable and freezing to death you know.

yes, 16 outside in summer but inside usually 19 to 20 but I do wear two layers on the bottom all the time. (the house is always so cold and damp) and when I go out I actually wear less.... such a strange country to live in. I lived in 4 other countries when I was young, never lived this sort of horrid condition. NZ IS the WORST ever IMO. (and I've never lived in 3rd world or anything similar)

Last edited by crap coffee; Feb 1st 2011 at 4:22 am.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by crap coffee
but I do wear two layers on the bottom all the time
Babies wear two layers on the bottom. CrapCoffee probably does not.

Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Babies wear two layers on the bottom. CrapCoffee probably does not.

what?

I wear undie + cotton thermal + track pant + kids dress . so maybe 4 layers all together?

well... 12 months old baby Euan usually wear just one layer... (apart from nappy..) ...on the bottom. Thats it. think he's way more healthier than myself.

Last edited by crap coffee; Feb 1st 2011 at 6:13 am.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crap coffee
yes, 16 outside in summer but inside usually 19 to 20 but I do wear two layers on the bottom all the time. (the house is always so cold and damp) and when I go out I actually wear less.... such a strange country to live in. I lived in 4 other countries when I was young, never lived this sort of horrid condition. NZ IS the WORST ever IMO. (and I've never lived in 3rd world or anything similar)
I mean - when I said 19 ~20 degrees in summer - WHEN I TURN the HEATER ON.!!! OK? Not without the heater!!! Don't surprise I do use the heater 24/365 days in Welly. If I don't use it then usually 16 ~ 17 degrees inside (my bedroom). so thats why freezing. but kitchen and lounge/bathroom is even colder than that so I need to wear layers and layers.. its fair reasons... so I am not that strange you think.

Last edited by crap coffee; Feb 1st 2011 at 7:15 am.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, 16c is the minimum requirement in most workplaces but one could hardly call it comfortable for sitting around for very long. Overnight temperature in Auckland during winter is usually 8 or 9 C for the best part of June through to the end of August, with a few exceptionally colder mornings into the low single figures or freezing. The months of May, September and october are usually around the 10 C mark, yet some maintain that we should harden the *whatsit* up as they only need any heating for a few nights of the year. Not forgetting World Health recommendations that houses need to be heated to at least 18 C for a healthy standard of living.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:50 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Air temperature has been known to get down to 19 degrees during the day here in winter. I put electric blankets on the beds last winter but didn't need them and my heaters are still in boxes in the garage.

Back in Auckland we had a light air frost some mornings, needed heaters and electric blankets at night for months at a time.
Min working temperature indoors 16.5C after one hour of start of shift and believe me a temperature of 17C will not be reached due to fuel costs! More for office working due to lack of movement..
Good info about temperatures shows the idea of cold is relevent to what is classed as hot and what degree of cold is constant.
CC it's strange but I agree 10C inside the house feels a lot colder than 10C outside and if the sun comes out () feels even warm...