Reload this Page >

Taking dogs from uk to nz

Taking dogs from uk to nz

Old Oct 26th 2015, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Nick2nz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking dogs from uk to nz

Hi
It's seems a bit confusing what's what when bringing pets over to nz, I keep reading different policy's regarding quarantine, please could some one shed a but of light on this subject many thanks
Old Oct 26th 2015, 11:30 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking dogs from uk to nz

best advice would be to speak to one of the companies that does the pet carrier as they should have all the up to date information regarding injections and test and where the animals are able to be quarantined once here
Old Oct 27th 2015, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nick2nz
Hi
It's seems a bit confusing what's what when bringing pets over to nz, I keep reading different policy's regarding quarantine, please could some one shed a but of light on this subject many thanks
I know what you mean. I thought I had it sussed then my husband said he had found something different. One of the quarantine kennels there (perhaps unsurprisingly😀) said you have to take your dog there to serve their quarantine which clearly is at odds with what the UK ones say.

I keep imagining what it will be like not to see our pooch for 6 months, although OH has read somewhere that it isn't that long.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 7:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Nick2nz
Hi

You should talk with Golden Arrow. They liaise closely with facilities in NZ.

The length depends on which country the animal is coming from and also whether or not it passes vet examination for clearance.

Originally Posted by Minitry from PI
Your cat or dog will be cleared for entry into New Zealand when:

it passes final veterinary inspection
at the border (for cats and dogs from Australia)
after a minimum of 10-days quarantine for all other approved countries
all supporting documentation is compliant.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 7:10 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Pets | MPI - Ministry for Primary Industries. A New Zealand Government Department.

think the minimum is 10 days and you have to be booked in before the animal can fly. as I said most of the pet carriers will be best to advise.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Nick2nz is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you
I'll do phoning around, it's bad enough the cost of 2 dobermans £8k + quarantine
Old Oct 27th 2015, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

bumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Im just preparing my dog to fly out on the 24/11/15. I can really recommend Golden Arrow Shippers, they have been very helpful and made the whole process very clear.
If there is anything I can help with, let me knowx
Old Oct 27th 2015, 11:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bumblebea
Hi
Im just preparing my dog to fly out on the 24/11/15. I can really recommend Golden Arrow Shippers, they have been very helpful and made the whole process very clear.
If there is anything I can help with, let me knowx
That's why I love this site.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

UktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant futureUktoNZ2016 has a brilliant future

Can you help with an idea of your expected costs etc?

Thanks

This is an issue with my OH at the minute!
Old Oct 27th 2015, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of

We used Passport for Pets. They're based near Heathrow, if your in that area. Jayne was really helpful, an absolute star.
Flew our dogs over last year. Have the pups had they're rabies injections yet? Once they have passed them, they must stay in the UK for six months.

Yes expensive, but they are part of the family, so glad we bought them here. Any other questions, fire away.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

bumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by UktoNZ2016
Can you help with an idea of your expected costs etc? Thanks This is an issue with my OH at the minute!
Certainly.The rabies vaccination cost £45 and then another £30 for the blood test. My dog ended up requiring 2 blood tests as the first result weren't high enough.My dog also requires two trips to the vets in the month before for blood tests. She had the first one today and that cost £30.I also needed to buy the usual worming and flea treatment.For the shipment it has cost £2400. She is a border collie, and the shippers have to make a crate for the animals specific dimensions. Included in this price is all the last minute veterinary checks, booking the flight, and liaison with the quarantine facility in New Zealand.Today I have received an email from Pet Haven in Auckland with a form to fill out. Their total cost for 10 days quarantine is NZ$ 1200 payable when we pick her up and a NZ$200 deposit now. I understand you get a discount if 2 dogs are travelling together and are happy to share a room at the quarantine facility.What I have found useful is that these payments are all staggered so it makes it easier to budget everything.The shippers have also been brilliant in the way they have written me very thorough step by step schedules to hand over to the vet, so I don't have the pressure of missing something important.The Shippers have also been in touch with my vet directly to clarify her concerns about one of her vaccinations.I see the earlier reply used a shipper near Heathrow. Golden Arrow are in Shropshire which worked well for us due to where we live.Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with, good luck persuading your partner!x
Old Oct 27th 2015, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

For me, I will take convincing to put ours in quarantine for 6 months. She is a rescue and had a rough start (long story) so I don't know if we should put her through any more trauma 😞.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Damson
For me, I will take convincing to put ours in quarantine for 6 months. She is a rescue and had a rough start (long story) so I don't know if we should put her through any more trauma 😞.
If you're taking dogs from the UK it's only 10 days quarantine rather than 6 months. This is a relatively recent change which is good news. Hope this news helps you and your pooch.
X
Old Oct 27th 2015, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bumblebea
If you're taking dogs from the UK it's only 10 days quarantine rather than 6 months. This is a relatively recent change which is good news. Hope this news helps you and your pooch.
X
Wow, I had no idea. Yes we would be coming from the Uk. Ive obviously been reading old stuff so thanks very much. She has separation anxiety as she had 3 or 4 rescue homes before us, although this is lessening. That's one issue resolved then, now just the flight. She was driven in a crate in a lorry across Europe from Romania so hates being confined whilst travelling and it took her about a year to stop being travel sick. Even now she only reluctantly goes in the boot of my car. Poor pooch. Cheers.
Old Oct 28th 2015, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of

Sorry, might not have made myself clear. Our pups had their rabies injection and then stayed at home with us for the six months in the UK, not in quarantine. The only quarantine they do is the 10 days on arrival in NZ. NZ kennels picked them up from airport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.