Spring

Old Aug 26th 2016, 3:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Question Spring

OK.

So. Last weekend I thought Spring had started to sprung a bit . I even started the annual mighty weedathon and lazy balmy thoughts turned to tshirts, shorts & flip flops rather than jeans, several upper body layers and 3 layers of socks. Further proof - I had seen lambs. Hot water bottles were even confidently put back in the drawer marked 'freezy winter survival kit'

Erm. A week of freezy frosticle rains later has let me know that this was all rather premature on my part . Pass the logs for the wood burner please. After all. We're not even out of August yet.

Attachment 125579
Old Aug 26th 2016, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring

I was in T shirts and shorts over the weekend, I even dug a hole in me garden just because I could without turning blue

Then I got up for work on Wednesday and I had to go scrabbling about again for me big coat.

I cursed quietly all the way to work
Old Aug 26th 2016, 8:38 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Spring has sprung a leak down in this neck of the woods. And obviously I would leave my car lights on so I would end up jump starting the bugger out in the thick of it... TFIF
Old Aug 26th 2016, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Been positively tropical up ere. 14 degrees when I left the house this morning before 5am for work......mental.
Can't actually remember any winter.....lot of rain and got down to single figures a couple of times but that's about it :-)
Been doing lots of digging in shorts/t shirt for weeks on the section planting shrubs n stuff whilst the builders peedle along in the background ;-)
Old Aug 28th 2016, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

desmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nice

Great to be back in the shorts and today. June was mild, July wet and August slightly chilly but pretty mild all in all. Spring can be pretty wet but last year was good.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

August Bank Holiday here - so it is raining.
Old Aug 28th 2016, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

sparklyfrog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by desmondo84
Great to be back in the shorts and today. June was mild, July wet and August slightly chilly but pretty mild all in all. Spring can be pretty wet but last year was good.
Sounds a lot like summer here in the UK!!
Old Aug 28th 2016, 11:19 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

BAU again, just went slightly off course with that down pour on Friday! Sunny and warm yesterday, sunny and warm today. Did someone say something about winter
Old Aug 28th 2016, 11:30 pm
`

We have sight of the sun . However we still have the morning frosts and the chill. The section is blimmin' well soggy though so need to get out there and clear winter weeds and the like before it all bakes like a brick.

Some of the chill for us is that until the snow goes from The Ranges it sends a chill down the hills. Fine inside our covered deck area though. That's toasty.

Log burners still being lit hereabouts. MrBEVS was pleased that we lit ours at least two hours after the rest of neighbours around us.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 8:43 pm
`

Rats!

I was going to post yesterday that Spring has indeedy sprung despite the chill in the air from The Ranges. Lots of lambs & their Mums have turned up . Blossom starting on the trees.

Today Spring is going to have a bit of a temper on judging by the huge dump of snow on the hills and the clouds amassing.

Must say, we are a bit soggy underfoot. The farmers won't like this and neither will the pip fruit growers.
Old Sep 7th 2016, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping that Spring will return this weekend. Our lawn is saturated. I say lawn, what I mean is, our daisy and moss patch!!!

Certainly was a wild night last night, though not that bad up this way as it was for you poor folk further south.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 12:48 am
She'll be right

Brrrrr! That was a good one last night! Wind, rain, hail - who said winter had finished?!
Old Sep 8th 2016, 1:29 am
`

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Brrrrr! That was a good one last night! Wind, rain, hail - who said winter had finished?!

Originally Posted by BigSticks
Hoping that Spring will return this weekend
Yup. I think we're in for a good weekend . Rabbit Island here we come and maybe even a bit of a BBQ there.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 4:27 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

there seems to be a debate as to when Spring actually starts, some say 1st September, to keep it tidy, others say 26th September. so we could just say its still winter and that makes sense of the stupid weather.

It vile out there today
Old Sep 8th 2016, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
there seems to be a debate as to when Spring actually starts, some say 1st September, to keep it tidy, others say 26th September. so we could just say its still winter and that makes sense of the stupid weather.

It vile out there today
True spring in NZ starts around 22nd Sept when the sun crosses the vernal equinox.
1st Sept is just a lazy journalist's convenience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.