Reload this Page >

Some questions please

Some questions please

Old Sep 30th 2017, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

WBHB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some questions please

Thanks guys/girls,

In regards to references I have a personal and professional character references from my close friend and employer. The one from my friend notes how clean and tidy we've always kept our house so I'm hoping that this will be sufficient when we to get out Auckland and lining up a rental. Frankly this is the best we can do as we've owned our property for a long time hence we won't have a landlord reference.

Now some more questions for you...

In general which of the following would be okay to take over with us without causing issues at custom with our container.

1. Any food stuffs- spices, teabags that sort of thing.
2. Vitamin, mineral and protein supplements.

Another thing is just how clean to my bikes and camping gear from the shed need to be? If spotless is the answer I guess buying some specific cleaning agent is likely the best course of action?
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

More delays! My medical has been referred (apparently this will be looked at by a MA within 10 days) and they want more proof that my wife and I are a stable couple (deapite us having already supplied a marriage certificate and our daughters birth certificate)

Hoping we wont be delayed too long but I guess its a piece of string thing
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 6:29 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WBHB
More delays! My medical has been referred (apparently this will be looked at by a MA within 10 days) and they want more proof that my wife and I are a stable couple (deapite us having already supplied a marriage certificate and our daughters birth certificate)

Hoping we wont be delayed too long but I guess its a piece of string thing
Many threads on here documenting you need much more than certificates - they are available like confetti in some parts of the world. Have you submitted common living bills, photos etc etc?
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Yes we've now submit various supplementary documents and photos etc so now it's all down to my medical referral hurrying up
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 10:41 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Have you spoken to your own GP about the blood results?
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute

Keep on top of them, they sent requests for further information about my husbands medical to the wrong email address!

When they received the information, our visas were granted within the week.

Good luck!
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute

For our relationship we sent our marriage certificate, our kids birth certs and a timeline of our relationship along with pictures screenshotted from social media showing the dates they were uploaded.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Have you spoken to your own GP about the blood results?
Yep my serum creatinine was marginally out of the normal range which I'm told is normal for an athlete that trains a lot.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scottishedo
For our relationship we sent our marriage certificate, our kids birth certs and a timeline of our relationship along with pictures screenshotted from social media showing the dates they were uploaded.
Yes we did the same thing. We have an immigration agent sorting things for us and ahe is very on the ball with updates
Old Oct 24th 2017, 12:39 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we did the same thing. We have an immigration agent sorting things for us and ahe is very on the ball with updates
Ugh - yet they failed to spot that you need more than just marriage and birth certs to demonstrate a stable relationship, any agent worth paying would have understood that, this is why they get such a bad rep on here, they simply do what you could do yourself, but they do it badly...and take your money!
Old Oct 24th 2017, 12:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by simonsi
Ugh -
yet they failed to spot that you need more than just marriage and birth certs to demonstrate a stable relationship,
any agent worth paying would have understood that
Yup.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 2:04 am
Just Joined

Fasouri is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all of your replies they've been most useful.

I guess in short housing might be expensive then the nearer we live to the CBD. Neither my wife or I are outside 'normal' BMI range or have any previous criminal problems so fingers crossed that side of things will be smooth.

Based on what you say Clappy I think it might be prudent for us to purchase some things before we go and ship them. Stuff like our kettle, hair dryers, microwave and other things that may need replacing soon should probably be done in the UK before we leave. Same goes for clothes etc. We should do a big shop here in the UK and ship it all I think.

'A rush and a push' I'll have a look into those locations you mention on Trade me. I think by the sounds of things property seems to shift and be taken quickly and it will be difficult to sort from the UK which means likely rushing once we're there to find a house to rent.

With regards to shipping our stuff. Can anybody recommend a reputable shipping firm and explain how it will work? Do they turn up at your house with a lorry or something? Also what sort of timings are we looking at. Will it take a long time for our stuff to arrive. I assume we may need to stay with family or in a hotel in the UK if we want our belongings in NZ when we arrive or shortly there after?
Crown shipped our 18 foot container from Hong Kong, arrived in 3 weeks and passed inspection, delivered to our door and unpacked by 6 big fellas in one hour,
Old Oct 24th 2017, 4:31 am
It is what it is Member

From Europe a <FULL> container takes about 6 weeks in transit plus maybe a week either end for processing/waiting.

If you have a part-container then all bets are off, it may wait for weeks mid-route while it waits to be re-consolidated into a full container load.

Even if you only have a part-container get a quote for a full container, it makes shipping much more predictable and secure (and a full container is cheaper than two halves so may not cost as much extra as you think).
Old Oct 24th 2017, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Yep my serum creatinine was marginally out of the normal range which I'm told is normal for an athlete that trains a lot.
My husbands was the same he had his bloods redone before they asked which speeded things up.

Good luck!
Old Oct 26th 2017, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scottishedo
My husbands was the same he had his bloods redone before they asked which speeded things up.

Good luck!
Argh! Mine was 111, barely out of range did they request repeat bloods for your husband or did you just have them done again just incase?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.