Sick parents :(

Old Mar 23rd 2016, 3:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Sick parents :(

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Thanks for the support everyone. The scan results showed that it wasn't as bad as we feared. It's still serious, and chemo etc are needed but it could be worse. Still not sure yet about flying over, or when.
I'm relieved for you all that it isn't as dire as feared.

When to go is a tough one. Much depends on what would be the best boost for your Mum and Dad really.

If you wait a little can you stay longer?
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 4:07 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the support everyone. The scan results showed that it wasn't as bad as we feared. It's still serious, and chemo etc are needed but it could be worse. Still not sure yet about flying over, or when.
Good news, Rob
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

That's something of a relief for you. Wishing your Mum all the very best with her treatment.

Re: the flying over, it's a very difficult decision, I think following your gut-feelings as to what to do is helpful. Though it doesn't offer any guarantees unfortunately.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

My mother died last week. Being able to be with her during her last 24hrs and perform the rituals of our belief system was something I will be forever grateful for. I also visited for a week when she became poorly and those few days of being with her have given me some special memories to help over the next few weeks and months.

I think what I'm trying to say is don't leave it too late. I left my mother after the first week knowing it might be the last time I saw her alive. We talked and said everything that we wanted to say to each other and parted at peace with that parting. We also talked about how it was better to visit while she was alive and not attend her funeral instead.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 7:46 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for your loss.

I agree I need to get over there this year I think, just got to work out when, and if we're all going.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
My mother died last week. Being able to be with her during her last 24hrs and perform the rituals of our belief system was something I will be forever grateful for. I also visited for a week when she became poorly and those few days of being with her have given me some special memories to help over the next few weeks and months.

I think what I'm trying to say is don't leave it too late. I left my mother after the first week knowing it might be the last time I saw her alive. We talked and said everything that we wanted to say to each other and parted at peace with that parting. We also talked about how it was better to visit while she was alive and not attend her funeral instead.
So sorry to hear that Hazelnut. So special to have that time with her at the end. Much love x
Old Mar 25th 2016, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for your loss.
I agree I need to get over there this year I think, just got to work out when, and if we're all going.
MrH was unable to come down and never had the chance to say goodbye, it's upset both of us more than I thought it would. I hope you do manage to make it over.

Thank you Rob and VitalStatistix for your condolences. We've had so many emergency and 'not expected to survive the night' episodes with my Dad over the last 18 months that mother's rapid deterioration and her (right IME) choice to follow a palliative care pathway has been a bit of a shock.
Old Mar 26th 2016, 12:41 am
`

Sorry for your loss Hazelnut. Never a good time is it.

My husband's Mum passed away at the end of January. She was 87 so not untimely however it was still unexpected .

If your finances can stretch to it Rob perhaps try to go as a family. Would give your parents such a boost to see you all.

Anyway. for your Mum's treatment & that she is soon making a recovery.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 2:53 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, just a quick update.
Mum seems to have come through the treatment pretty well, she had her final scan last week, waiting for the results now.
She's not happy about losing her hair though, can't get her on to talk Skype at the moment.
So fingers crossed she's beaten it!
Old Sep 26th 2016, 3:27 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Mum seems to have come through the treatment pretty well, she had her final scan last week, waiting for the results now.
She's not happy about losing her hair though, can't get her on to talk Skype at the moment.

brilliant news.
you don't have to have the camera on let her know, or tell her to put a picture of herself she really likes in front of the camera.
Old Sep 26th 2016, 4:41 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear Rob. Hope you're all doing well x
Old Sep 26th 2016, 6:10 am
`

Thank you so much for updating Rob.

I wondered but didn't like to ask really.

Your Mum needs a comfy hat affair. 'Specially as the weather cools back there.

You tell her you love her hair or no hair OR you could always tell her you will lose all your own hair unless you get to see her lovely face on Skype.

Good news ROb and I hope it stays that way.
Old Sep 27th 2016, 5:37 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

That's good news, Rob.

Glad your mum is getting better. Hope your mum continues with her recovery and recuperation.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 7:33 am
Happy in Wellington

Yay she got the all-clear. Now she just needs to recover from the various ailments caused by the treatment.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 9:06 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

brilliant news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.