Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Shipping companies from UK -Pickfords or PSS

Shipping companies from UK -Pickfords or PSS

Old Oct 25th 2016, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

wakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping companies from UK -Pickfords or PSS

Originally Posted by elm16
Crown were the most expensive though have lowered their price a bit for me so are now probably slightly less than PSS when you take into account that Crown are including MAF charges. Their charges in NZ though are much higher for storage, and I haven't yet negotiated with PSS so I'm hopeful they will lower their quote to get closer to Pickfords.

Yes it's certainly expensive and complicated, I don't want to think about how much it's going to all be once we add in insurance and then all those extra costs at the other end!
We challenged PSS on price, they came down on the total and dropped the insurance closer to LP.
I didn't even try Crown or Pickfords, might now though. Maybe we should PM & discuss
Old Oct 25th 2016, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

elm16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wakwak
We challenged PSS on price, they came down on the total and dropped the insurance closer to LP.
I didn't even try Crown or Pickfords, might now though. Maybe we should PM & discuss
Yes, lets. Though I've just been taking to PSS and I had their quotes mixed up so they are actually only £400 more than Pickfords rather than the £1000 I thought. So it's not as bad as I thought it was!
Old Oct 25th 2016, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

wakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond reputewakwak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOSO
We definitely had the MAF inspection included in the price with Pickfords as it was done at the port (or maybe their warehouse), we certainly never had anything to do with it. If we'd needed anything treated then we would have paid extra. By the time the boxes were delivered a couple of them had MAF tape on to show they'd been opened.

I'm pretty sure Mrs F used PSS and ended up having to pay for MAF to inspect their boxes as PSS sub contract their work at this end, so they don't end up in the same warehouse like they do with Pickfords who they have their own offices/delivery company.

Just make sure you check what's included which ever company you use. I don't think Crown subcontract either. It was a while ago that we came and we didn't bring a car.

Hi, I've just checked PSS, they don't include the inspection, I didn't think any did but I'll look closer now thank you! Bonner didn't either they state it will be applied on arrival and says it is based on the volume. Their NZ agent also charges on top I think!
Old Nov 1st 2016, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice

Sorry to ressurect, but i'd rather not start a new post.

We've decided it'll be financially better to ship all our belongings rather than sell them so we've started getting quotes from different shippers, i've heard only good stuff about PSS so they are on my shortlist, they have quoted my £2300 for a 1/2 container (shared), whereas Movecorp have quoted me £1795 (both of these are before insurance). I would rather pay the extra for PSS, but would they be willing to negotiate so i could get it closer to £2k - or even get insurance thrownin or something? How flexible are they?

Thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wez130
Sorry to ressurect, but i'd rather not start a new post.

We've decided it'll be financially better to ship all our belongings rather than sell them so we've started getting quotes from different shippers, i've heard only good stuff about PSS so they are on my shortlist, they have quoted my £2300 for a 1/2 container (shared), whereas Movecorp have quoted me £1795 (both of these are before insurance). I would rather pay the extra for PSS, but would they be willing to negotiate so i could get it closer to £2k - or even get insurance thrownin or something? How flexible are they?

Thanks
We managed to negotiate on overall cost and a discount on insurance. You could always insure with a third party
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice

Well, PSS got back to me with a slight discount, £2144 instead of £2366. I've emailed them back and suggested that i hoped it would be a bit closer to the £2k mark and i said i'd be happier packing my own possessions myself and cataloguing them etc as tht's obviously included in their price. The price is for 445 cu ft But i'm not sure whether 445cubic feet is big enough.

I've got Anglo Saxon coming in a couple of weeks to do a proper check so it should be a little more precise. I heard stories that Anglo should also price match too.