shipping a car

Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice
Default shipping a car

I'm excited as we've sold the house (took 10 months and we accepted a low offer in the end) and if all goes to plan, we should be heading to Christchurch mid October.

Should we bring our car/s over? I have a 3 year old Skoda Fabia and OH has a Fabia too (I know, his n hers) that's 5 years old. Has anyone done this? Is it a hassle and not worth it? They're pretty good cars and have only done 30,000 miles or so each. Any advice would be welcome.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

UK_Tomcat_Fan will become famous soon enoughUK_Tomcat_Fan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: shipping a car

I would imagine it would be a pain in the butt...

When my sisters god parents moved to canada the moving company said moving their cars would be a major hassle because of the petrol, oil, etc...They sold their cars and brought new ones in Canada however New Zealand may have different laws

I have to think about this too unfortunatel when i move to Florida
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:29 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I shipped my Skoda Octavia over here and had some issues with it getting damaged en-route.

I'm glad I brought mine but it was quite a lot of hassle and I'd say don't bother.

My car was 18 months old and cost of shipping was less than the loss to sell it.

Here's my post about it from the time:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=experience
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice

Thanks a lot for your replies. Really useful to read your earlier post Rob. Will give it some serious thought and work out costs but with everything else going on at the moment, it'd be one less thing to worry about if we sold them.