Saying what you feel instead of what you're supposed to

Saying what you feel instead of what you're supposed to

Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:50 am
Banned

Finkel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saying what you feel instead of what you're supposed to

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
well you should read the rules just so you know where the land lies
I have, they seem straightforward enough. However, if by some chance I do breach them I hope you will message me first to let me know.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:52 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

seriously??

OK we get nowt, nothing, zero, zilch, nought. sweet fanny adams

unless you count a mug at Christmas which is generally used as awards for members in the end of year poll.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:54 am
Banned

Thank you. Does that mean that the site admin have your personal details and home address? Based on the fact they have that information what requirements do they place on you, legally?

How about the admin and site leads, do they get recompense for their servies?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:02 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

no no one apart from the Staff at the Company that owns Bristish Expats gets paid. The forum is a mere factor of the overall company.

unless I give someone my home address no one knows it, legally I adhere to the legal requirement of the internet and site rules. I am not in paid employment.

Why?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Finkel
Thank you. Does that mean that the site admin have your personal details and home address? Based on the fact they have that information what requirements do they place on you, legally?

How about the admin and site leads, do they get recompense for their servies?
You complain about our answers but your questions are very odd. Perhaps you should contact IB...the owners of the BE and ask them.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
no no one apart from the Staff at the Company that owns Bristish Expats gets paid. The forum is a mere factor of the overall company.

unless I give someone my home address no one knows it, legally I adhere to the legal requirement of the internet and site rules. I am not in paid employment.

Why?
Are you aware that you have a duty of care under civil law because you are effectively an appointed agent for the company that owns this site?

If, for example, someone were to suffer loss through some act or omission of a site administer or moderator you could be personally liable for it? In other words, you could be sued.

Does Internet Brands indemnify you for that?

Sorry if this is getting off track. I'm trying to establish if it's ok to be honest in the New Zealand section of this forum because I have so much to share. I don't want to get banned for doing so.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it that no one on this forum ever says

"Actually New Zealand is a bit crap, don't move here. Look for somewhere else in the UK if you're fed up. Failing that, give Europe a try"

Or would that upset the site's advertisers too much?
I think you've answered your own question. You've said it, because that's what you wanted to do, and the statement has been posted on the forum , so what more can you ask for ?

As others have said, there are many members on here, who have also said
exactly the same as you about NZ, but using different words. There are also those that feel the opposite feelings, and say so as well.

So, what exactly is your problem? If you dont like the forum, you dont have to use it. You seem to have made the mistake of choosing to live in NZ, so why not do as you say yourself, ie try a different place in England or give Europe a try, assuming you have the necessary language skills?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:18 am
Banned

Originally Posted by dfjordan
I think you've answered your own question. You've said it, because that's what you wanted to do, and the statement has been posted on the forum , so what more can you ask for ?

As others have said, there are many members on here, who have also said
exactly the same as you about NZ, but using different words. There are also those that feel the opposite feelings, and say so as well.

So, what exactly is your problem? If you dont like the forum, you dont have to use it. You seem to have made the mistake of choosing to live in NZ, so why not do as you say yourself, ie try a different place in England or give Europe a try, assuming you have the necessary language skills?
I don't have a problem. Why are you being so hostile?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:20 am

as you seem so well informed you have probably answered your own questions
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Yes NZs a bit crap. Its also a bit good. Therein lies the problem. If EVERYTHING was a bit crap, as what I read from your posts, then there wouldnt be twice as many people arriving in NZ as leaving. It cant be all that crap given those figures can it?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 1:31 am
Banned

Granted, there are lot of Kiwis returning home because of the mining downturn in Australia, but the majority of people going to New Zealand now are students, mostly from India and China, hoping to get residence in an English speaking country by studying there.

If the benefits outweighed the bad why is New Zealand crying out for skilled people and why do over a million Kiwis live overseas? I guess that's a good thing though, because if they didn't leave they wouldn't let the rest of us in hey?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Well if thats what you believe to be the case, then theres at least a couple of areas where NZ isnt crap. Currently low unemployment rate and therefor jobs for returning Kiwis and respected universities and good degrees to attract a high number of international students. By the way according to Statistics NZ, (on its population mythbusters page) the number of NZ born living overseas is more like 600000 not over a million.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 4:15 am
***RETIRED*** Do Not Contact

ibobi has a reputation beyond reputeibobi has a reputation beyond reputeibobi has a reputation beyond reputeibobi has a reputation beyond reputeibobi has a reputation beyond reputeibobi has a reputation beyond reputeibobi has a reputation beyond reputeibobi has a reputation beyond reputeibobi has a reputation beyond reputeibobi has a reputation beyond reputeibobi has a reputation beyond repute

(p.s. If I stop making posts people should assume that it's because I've been banned for asking these questions)
I'll take a stab here.

First, your original question (as well as everything you've said since) is classic "troll."

Second, you may want to read the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up for this account. As you may suspect, an account can be banned for any reason that the moderators deem appropriate. This team is very adept at handling all situations, including this one.

Third, this site is advertising-supported, and touting technologies that interfere with that is a no-no.

Other than that, have a nice day. Hopefully you don't wear out your welcome too quickly.