Reload this Page >

Saying what you feel instead of what you're supposed to

Saying what you feel instead of what you're supposed to

Old Apr 25th 2016, 11:45 pm
Banned

Finkel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saying what you feel instead of what you're supposed to

Why is it that no one on this forum ever says

"Actually New Zealand is a bit crap, don't move here. Look for somewhere else in the UK if you're fed up. Failing that, give Europe a try"

Or would that upset the site's advertisers too much?
Old Apr 25th 2016, 11:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Saying what you feel instead of what you're supposed to

What are you on about.

Those that pay for advertising space & the owners of the site are not governed at all by what is written on these chat forums.

The adverts tailor themselves to wherever you are int he world. Also by what your browsing habits are.

Oh and....... do take a look all around BE. You will see that there are those that are pro a given country & those that are not pro . Those that are enthusiastic to the extreme & those that are not. The NZ board has it's share of both just like the rest of the boards
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:18 am
Banned

So you're saying the site owners charge for advertising space.

But back to my original question, why is it that no one on this forum ever says

"Actually New Zealand is a bit crap, don't move here. Look for somewhere else in the UK if you're fed up. Failing that, give Europe a try"

Last edited by ibobi; Apr 26th 2016 at 4:06 am.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Finkel
So you're saying the site owners charge for advertising space.

But back to my original question, why is it that no one on this forum ever says

I think if you have a bit of a read around you'll find that words to that effect are said quite often - certainly it comes up very regular in the Australian section and I know I've read it more than once in the NZ section in passing.

Of course the same is true in NZ, if you are not happy where you currently are, a change of place or job may improve things for you

Last edited by ibobi; Apr 26th 2016 at 4:06 am.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:27 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

If you look at one of the ongoing threads you will see that it has been said so not exactly sure what you want to achieve by this post?

Last edited by ibobi; Apr 26th 2016 at 4:07 am.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MrsFychan

If you look at one of the ongoing threads you will see that it has been said so not exactly sure what you want to achieve by this post?
Thanks, I find the ads incredibly distracting and not great when viewed on a phone.

I was trying to judge how honest people are allowed to be here, and whether a site that so obviously makes a lot of money from ads is the best place to get unbiased and uncensored advice. I am sure much of the controversial material probably gets deleted without trace, and potential dissenters banned without warning. There are many forms of censorship, the best (worst?) forms are silent and subtle.

Do you mind if I ask if the moderators and site/lead administrators get any recompense for their services and what form it takes?

(p.s. If I stop making posts people should assume that it's because I've been banned for asking these questions)

Last edited by ibobi; Apr 26th 2016 at 4:07 am.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I find the ads incredibly distracting and not great when viewed on a phone.

I was trying to judge how honest people are allowed to be here, and whether a site that so obviously makes a lot of money from ads is the best place to get unbiased and uncensored advice. I am sure much of the controversial material probably gets deleted without trace, and potential dissenters banned without warning. There are many forms of censorship, the best (worst?) forms are silent and subtle.

Do you mind if I ask if the moderators and site/lead administrators get any recompense for their services and what form it takes?
We get a 2 week, all expenses paid get together...usually in an exotic location. We are allowed to use the company's Learjet.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 26th 2016 at 12:37 am.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:39 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

(p.s. If I stop making posts people should assume that it's because I've been banned for asking these questions)
you will get banned if you break the rules.
oh and welcome to the forum.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We get a 2 week, all expenses paid get together...usually in an exotic location. We are allowed to use the company's Learjet.
OY I must of been in the Palace loo when that announcement was made
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

OY I must of been in the Palace loo when that announcement was made
Maybe they are trying to tell you something. As I recall you missed out on the new iPads and iPhones we received at the end of last year.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:44 am
Banned

No need to be facetious. Please do me the courtesy of an honest answer.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:45 am
Banned

you will get banned if you break the rules.
oh and welcome to the forum.
Thank you, I take it I've not broken the rules by asking such direct questions? I suppose I'm hoping for too much when I expect honest and direct answers?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:46 am

No need to be facetious. Please do me the courtesy of an honest answer.
think those answers really say all that needs to be said.

so where abouts are you? and why no proper introduction?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:47 am

Thank you, I take it I've not broken the rules by asking such direct questions?
well you should read the rules just so you know where the land lies
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:48 am
Banned

think those answers really say all that needs to be said.

so where abouts are you? and why no proper introduction?
Sorry but I'm still waiting for a proper response. All I've seen so far is people avoiding the questions I've asked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.