Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Roger Whittaker - The Indian Legend

Roger Whittaker - The Indian Legend

Old Jan 26th 2015, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice
Default Roger Whittaker - The Indian Legend

It may come as no surprise to some, but it did to me.

We ventured into a small Indian restaurant in Raglan last night. Low key Indian type music was playing in the background. We were the only to guests in the place. The waiter came over and we made or order, promptly followed by a change in musical tempo. The new standard in Indian restaurant in Raglan appear to be 'The Best of Roger Whittaker' played at just the right volume to be an annoyance but not so much as to make a grumble at. I can now whistle all his hits, I know the words to 'Durham Town' and was able to hum 'The Last Farewell' as we departed.

Best speak in broken English or pointing if travelling to Raglan and decide to purchase an Indian meal if you don't wish to hear Roger.

Roger was actually born in Kenya and is 78.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Whittaker - The Indian Legend

Originally Posted by snaps
Roger was actually born in Kenya and is 78.
Does he tell you that on the album ??
Old Jan 26th 2015, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

Ianriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond reputeIanriv has a reputation beyond repute

Oh. My. Goodness.

I walked into the same restaurant Sunday.

And walked straight back out again!

Straight to the chippy next door
Old Jan 27th 2015, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ianriv
Oh. My. Goodness.

I walked into the same restaurant Sunday.

And walked straight back out again!

Straight to the chippy next door
lol. We did that, but in a different place. At the campsite in Papamoa, they had adverts for a buffet style restaurant down the road called 'Asian Flavours' that boasted "over 50 dishes". Walk in. One look, Turn around, see you later. Amazed that they actually had customers. Very very poor.
Old Jan 27th 2015, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking on similar lines and always a bad sign if nobody else is dining then you need to get the hell out asap - we recently walked into place in Takapuna - Friday lunchtime in the week leading up to Christmas surely should be heaving in any place worth its salt.

Wandering in the door, chit chatting away to be met with a wall of stunned silence. OMG this is weird, just the one solitary diner slurping soup, we guessed it might actually have been someone that worked there. Not a single person to be seen behind the bar - we stood for a few seconds - there was absolutely no sign of anyone coming to meet or greet us, we looked at each other, gave the 'we're leaving' eyebrow look of disapproval and legged it before anyone did actually notice we were there. .

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Jan 27th 2015 at 5:12 am.