Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

renewing british passport in NZ

renewing british passport in NZ

Old Jun 19th 2012, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of
Default renewing british passport in NZ

Any of you guys renewed your British passport while living here in NZ? I am not sure if you require a countersignature on the photo or form. Certain places say you need it and other places say you dont. Any of you guys sent of for a passport renewal with no countersignature and did it come back ok. Or do you think I should get the signatures to be on the safe side? The helpline costs $12 and they gave me wrong info last time.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: renewing british passport in NZ

get the signatures anyway, better safe than sorry
Old Jun 19th 2012, 9:06 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

Assuming that you are just renewing an expiring passport and the proceedures haven't changed in the past 9 months since I did mine, you shouldn't have to get the counter signatures.

From the High Commission website :-

http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/en/...steps-to-renew

"Countersignature of the form and photographs is not necessary for those people over 16 renewing a passport, unless your appearance has changed significantly since your previous passport was issued."

In any event, you take the completed application form to any Postshop and they will check it over for you before couriering it to the High Commission.

Mine came back in about 3 weeks, surprisingly quick really

Hope this helps

Last edited by NakiMan; Jun 19th 2012 at 9:21 am.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Thanks for that, found the info on their website. cheers

Originally Posted by NakiMan
Assuming that you are just renewing an expiring passport and the proceedures haven't changed in the past 9 months since I did mine, you shouldn't have to get the counter signatures.

From the High Commission website :-

http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/en/...steps-to-renew

"Countersignature of the form and photographs is not necessary for those people over 16 renewing a passport, unless your appearance has changed significantly since your previous passport was issued."

In any event, you take the completed application form to any Postshop and they will check it over for you before couriering it to the High Commission.

Mine came back in about 3 weeks, surprisingly quick really

Hope this helps
Old Jul 19th 2012, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

I just received my newly renewed British Passport in 10 days from handing the forms over to the Post Shop and that includes a day when DHL called me to check on the delivery address as it was to a PO Box number. Brilliant service (for a hefty price!)
Old Jul 19th 2012, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

rogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: renewing british passport in NZ

Originally Posted by cappuccino
...10 days...
Got my new passport in five days!

Dropped it off at the post shop on a Monday afternoon and got it back on Friday morning.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

And $105 to transfer PR visa sticker into new passport!!!
Old Jul 20th 2012, 12:01 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
And $105 to transfer PR visa sticker into new passport!!!
Yikes!!! that's gone up a lot. Money for old rope isn't it, all they do is print off a new label and stick it in your passport.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
Yikes!!! that's gone up a lot. Money for old rope isn't it, all they do is print off a new label and stick it in your passport.
Yeh, went up from $80 a couple of weeks ago! Outrageous money making scheme, like we haven't paid enough for visas already!
Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

I won't tell you what it would cost in pounds to get my visa transferred from old passport to new, but it's a helluva lot more than £50.....and after I had just paid £1000 for the visa and six months without my passport!

Needless to say I agreed with the British immigration officer who told me not to bother as it was an extornionate waste of money. This immigration milarkey is not cheap!