Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Really Useful Thread

The Really Useful Thread

Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:26 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Really Useful Thread

www.orcon.net.nz

Apologies if anyone has mentioned them before - but I don't care Brillliant service. Absolutely top notch - PEOPLE on the other end of the line without a 20 minute wait; email updates; they got Telecom to reset our connection at the exchange and it DOUBLED our speed. Still awful (108k download) but that's Telecom's fault and their crappy lines. I've been so blown away by their service that even if there was no difference in the speed I wouldn't go back to Telecom.
Old May 4th 2007, 3:05 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

This sticky thread will eventually be unstuck.

So instead of adding anymore content to this thread please help the BE Wiki grow by transferring the information contained in this thread to the wiki or add your own useful info about moving to and living in New Zealand. If every member adds just one piece of info imagine how big the wiki can grow and how useful it will be for all of us. It will contain the type of helpful knowledge we all need, after all there is no better way of helping other expats than sharing the expat experience.

Its really easy to use, just choose the page where you want to add some content and then click the "edit" tab. Once done scroll to the bottom of the wiki page and click save. There is also a help section about adding and editing wiki content at:http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Help:Contents
Old Dec 9th 2007, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Smile Re: The Really Useful Thread

Just thought I would add some links for childcare agencies and places to look for babysitters/childminders.

www.plunket.org.nz this agency seems great for under 5 but may have links for older kids

www.porsenz.com this is a childcare agency for nannies, childminders etc.

www.babysitters4u.co.nz this is a site which allows you to search for babysitters (though most are childminders) they dont seem to call them childminders in NZ. You can email the people listed and they operate in all areas of NZ.

Maybe try joining www.littlies.co.nz its a magazine that goes to childcare places and theres a forum which you could post the questions on, most places have notice boards near shops so again try that.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:36 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a look at the Wikis last night and my word they have grown! They're a really good source of information for anyone starting out.

Here's the link for the NZ section if anyone needs it

http://www.britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:New_Zealand
Old May 10th 2008, 11:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

This thread will not stay here forever.
The NZ BE Wiki is the way to go.