Reality of Chch?

Old Feb 20th 2017, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Sam13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reality of Chch?

Thanks again both all sides of the argument. It's interesting to hear; we understand it's not a big city, we're not city slickers, we live in th edge of a big seaside town in the uk currently so are not desperately keen to go to Auckland, but as a children's nurse we are a little bit more limited by where I can go to find work than with a lot of roles. We'll have a good look round in 6 weeks time when we visit too. Thanks again 😀
Old Feb 20th 2017, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Neils45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been in Christchurch for over 4 years now and Im lucky in the sense that I get to travel extensively in NZ with my job.

Wouldn't want to live in any other city. Sure it has been through the wars with the Earthquakes but the rebuild is chugging along at a decent pace......My life in Christchurch is all post quake and It doesn't bother me in the slightest. A great place to live and a great base to explore the South Island which (IMO) is way prettier than the North Island.

and......

We got Springsteen tonight !!! woohoo !
Old Feb 20th 2017, 10:34 pm
jjg
Numpty

jjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of light

Been in Christchurch for over 10 years, lost the house to the earthquake but have rebuilt better than it was.
I wouldn't chose any other city in NZ. Wellington terrifies me after seeing first hand the CBD after the quake in Christchurch. Auckland does nothing for me and why would I want commute times like the UK plus it rains a lot