Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Reality.............

Reality.............

Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of
Default Reality.............

I know that loads of people would love to be in my position.

BUT............. I am now scared!

We are going and I am not having second thoughts ...............but am a cautious person.

I want to go!

Hubby has a contract!

My ideal ............ yes my ideal................. is better life, better everything.

I am not idealistic, but want to have an adventure.I am ready for my ideals to crash and burn!

But am scared.

Help.

Debi
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reality.............

Debi

Those feelings are normal because you are going on a great adventure. Sure there will be tough times but it will be worth it. It will take time to settle in, make friends and get into the swing of life here. There will be good days and bad days - we have all had them.

Fortunately you will be coming over when the weather is improving and that really helps.

Stay positive

See you soon

M x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banshigirl
I know that loads of people would love to be in my position.

BUT............. I am now scared!

We are going and I am not having second thoughts ...............but am a cautious person.

I want to go!

Hubby has a contract!

My ideal ............ yes my ideal................. is better life, better everything.

I am not idealistic, but want to have an adventure.I am ready for my ideals to crash and burn!

But am scared.

Help.

Debi

Go with it girl!! personally I could not wait to get here and NEVER EVER doubted the sanity of what I was doing..ever!! Giving up 45 years of UK life, 3 kids all just under 4 in tow..its been a great 3.5 years..some very very hard times (like now!!) but life for us and many is very very good in NZ. Life is short and NZ is cool!! Even with all its faults..and like everywhere NZ has a raft of issues..key is to avoid them so they do not affect you directly!! We no longer have any of the daily crap we did in the UK.

We had more money (until we lost it all in the failed NZ finance business..like 100,000 other poor sods..but life has its ups and downs aye.

Its been a great adventure and NZ is home now..remember you are a LONG time dead!!!!

Good luck!!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:33 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Its all normal, we done this for the second time, because the first time we decided not to go because of cold feet...but we kept thinking what if, so we did it all again, now we are here and Im glad....

if you pull out now you will go through life thinking what if???

but you will come over when the weather is getting better, and that makes a BIG!! difference
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Genesis
Go with it girl!! personally I could not wait to get here and NEVER EVER doubted the sanity of what I was doing..ever!! Giving up 45 years of UK life, 3 kids all just under 4 in tow..its been a great 3.5 years..some very very hard times (like now!!) but life for us and many is very very good in NZ. Life is short and NZ is cool!! Even with all its faults..and like everywhere NZ has a raft of issues..key is to avoid them so they do not affect you directly!! We no longer have any of the daily crap we did in the UK.

We had more money (until we lost it all in the failed NZ finance business..like 100,000 other poor sods..but life has its ups and downs aye.

Its been a great adventure and NZ is home now..remember you are a LONG time dead!!!!

Good luck!!
Well said
Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:12 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
remember you are a LONG time dead!!!!

Good luck!!
I always say that

He's right too - it's been a crappy few weeks here with the awful weather but the sun is shining this morning, the sky is blue as and it feels like spring is coming - it'll all change of course but it's still just fantastic You've got to give it a go because what's the alternative? Beating yourself up for the rest of your life because you didn't!! Good luck.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it. Like Batty said the sun has been shining here today. We have had lunch on the patio with a nice glass of chardonnay and it was too hot for me to stay there too long (north facing) and we are at the tale end of winter. Where could I have done that in the UK in winter.

You will have lots of thoughts racing through your mind at this time but stay positive and go for it.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by shirl
Go for it. Like Batty said the sun has been shining here today. We have had lunch on the patio with a nice glass of chardonnay and it was too hot for me to stay there too long (north facing) and we are at the tale end of winter. Where could I have done that in the UK in winter.

You will have lots of thoughts racing through your mind at this time but stay positive and go for it.
Yep agree with you, go for it, we have just had our lunch and a glass of wine on our deck today overlooking our lovely view of the countryside watching some ducks waddling around our garden much to the amusement of our kids.....lush

yes in Winter