Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

RE: Looking at Auckland – Cost of living , trying to gauge salary I need to aim for

RE: Looking at Auckland – Cost of living , trying to gauge salary I need to aim for

Old Feb 8th 2016, 1:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Looking at Auckland – Cost of living , trying to gauge salary I need to aim for

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
Just a note as a non-Kiwi and relatively new to this board.
There seems to be some confusion over some posts by those with the signatures of Moderators (or similar).
I am assuming that most of the posts are purely personal experience, and are not posted as Moderators.
'Course. Everyone is free to post their opinions, experience & their caring and sharing to BE. Mods and me included.

I think AndyCampbell may be assuming that if a Moderator posts, then it implies Moderation.It might be helpful to clarify the difference between Moderator action and Moderator participation.
Most all people can easily tell the difference between a moderating post and a general response. If I needed to step in as admin or help with moderation it would be obvious. Further , it would likely be followed up privately. Moderation isn't about disagreeing with someones post - unless it breaks site rule 1. We are all free to agree or disagree. I don't know of one mod that has thought to try a 'pull rank' thing. It doesn't work like that at all. There is no 'rank' . If anything being a mod or admin suppresses how you post.

Apologies AndyCampbell if you thought I was having some sort of Admin pop for some reason. Although I can't see why you would think that. Believe it or not, BE Admin has a whole host of other Admin rubbish to sort. Most of it not seen on the chat forums. I don't have time to oversee moderation. That is for the moderators.

Your use of the smilie had me thinking you were being irreverent about something that can cause a real medical issue. As I wrote, perhaps not clearly enough, sand fly + mozzie bites are a real issue for me. Daubing on assorted home remedies or eating mammoth amounts of marmite will not do it . I was assured that immunity would build up to the sandfly bites which are particularly painful with intense itching & swelling. That isn't the case. Instead bee stings are now also an issue as of this year. Poo!
Old Feb 9th 2016, 8:33 am
Banned

AndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Looking at Auckland – Cost of living , trying to gauge salary I need to aim for

Originally Posted by BEVS
Your use of the smilie had me thinking you were being irreverent about something that can cause a real medical issue.
Maybe from your side of the IT desk, from this side it is shown as "eek" - not a smiley. Just sayin !

Thanks for the apology. I'm sure you have to deal with a lot of crap so are allowed to throw your toys. We all have our bad times
Old Feb 9th 2016, 7:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyCampbell
Maybe from your side of the IT desk, from this side it is shown as "eek" - not a smiley. Just sayin !

Thanks for the apology. I'm sure you have to deal with a lot of crap so are allowed to throw your toys. We all have our bad times
Just to let ou know we see and post smilies as smilies, just the same as everyone else- and we view BE from our phones, wonky dining table-based laptops, ipads etc just the same as you do No posh IT desks in our world - even my desk at work is currently propped up by a phone book
Old Feb 9th 2016, 11:28 pm
Banned

AndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of lightAndyCampbell is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No posh IT desks in our world - even my desk at work is currently propped up by a phone book
She'll be 'right
Old Feb 10th 2016, 4:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

She'll be 'right
Old Feb 11th 2016, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

john_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to behold

Dare I mention that Scotland has midges and you can rest assured (not pulling anyone’s leg) that we don’t rush out and spray chemicals on. The preferred is - natural products.
Avon Skin So Soft, the green one. Works wonders for the little buggers with the added benefit of giving you wonderful skin, you do end up smelling a bit like a Parisian brothel though.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 3:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by john_hepburn
you do end up smelling a bit like a Parisian brothel though.
I haven’t been to a brothel in Paris but must say I do find the French lassies very feminine & classy.

How’s the Kiwi talent ?
Old Feb 11th 2016, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

john_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to beholdjohn_hepburn is a splendid one to behold

Couldn't possibly say, was with the wife while I was there and I only have eyes for her. But pretty good IMHO
Old Feb 11th 2016, 7:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by john_hepburn
Couldn't possibly say, was with the wife while I was there and I only have eyes for her. But pretty good IMHO
Cheers

So I read you are no longer in NZ, how long were you there ?
Old Feb 13th 2016, 4:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Maybe from your side of the IT desk
Just so anyone looking in is clear on the above.

Myself and the mod team have no IT desks. BE is not our job. We use our own devices just like anyone else and volunteer our own free time .

As the previously banned OP has left the building , this thread is now closed.