Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Public secondary schools in CHCH?

Public secondary schools in CHCH?

Old Jan 16th 2018, 5:17 am
Just Joined

Disdoit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Public secondary schools in CHCH?

Hi,

We're a family of 4 with two boys (13 and 12) moving to CHCH in late June and we're in the process of looking into public secondary schools. In particular, we're thinking about Burnside or Cashmere, based on info gleaned from the inter-webs.

But we'd love to get some first-hand accounts... if you have any information or opinions, please share! Thanks!
Old Jan 16th 2018, 10:42 pm
jjg
Numpty

jjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of lightjjg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Public secondary schools in CHCH?

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
I haven't heard anything bad about either of those schools. My boys have either been through or are at Burnside and we don't have any complaints.
I don't think you can go far wrong with either of them. You will probably have to live local to the schools to ensure that you can get them in as they have zones.
Hope that helps.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Kiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond repute

I grew up in Christchurch, and went to Cashmere High School (quite a long time ago). Not living in NZ now, but I believe it is still considered a very good school. As jjg said you will need to live in zone for either school to have a chance of getting in.

My niece is also going to Cashmere to work from this year (so it must be good ).
Old Jan 18th 2018, 1:35 am
Just Joined

Disdoit is an unknown quantity at this point

We plan to move into one school zone or the other, but aren't sure which... But seems like either will be good!

Thanks so much for the replies!