Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

paying nz nursing council international registration fee

paying nz nursing council international registration fee

Old Aug 29th 2014, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

bumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of light
Default paying nz nursing council international registration fee

Evening,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I am currently preparing to register my nursing qualification with the nz nursing council.

I have passed my ielts(phew!) & got all my documents ready.

When I send it to new Zealand, I need to send a registration fee of $485nz. I have been to my bank who saidthat I can no longer get an international bankers draft.

On the form it says I can pay by cheque. Does this mean I work out this amount into pound Sterling and make the cheque to that amount?

Just wondered how anyone else made the payment.

Thank you for any advice
X
Old Aug 29th 2014, 8:07 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: paying nz nursing council international registration fee

It's about 8 years ago since I did it, but I seem to remember paying by credit card, then they just charge it in NZD for the right sum. I would think it unlikely they would accept a sterling cheque but maybe there are others on here that have done it more recently.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

bumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebea is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you! Do you think I could use a debit card as I don't have a credit card
Many thanks
X
Old Aug 29th 2014, 8:15 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure that would be fine. I use Visa Debit to pay my annual fees online with NZNC.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Cracking, thank you again for your advice!
X
Old Aug 29th 2014, 8:39 pm
wish I wasn't here!

You're welcome
Old Aug 30th 2014, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Yup so long as it's a Visa or Mastercard you can use it to pay for stuff anywhere, you may just get whacked with extra 'not in the same currency as us' fees but they're normally not eyewatering.
Old Aug 30th 2014, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Laura, I am trying to organise a courier to send everything over quickly. Do you have any recommendations of reliable international courier services?
Hope all is well for you
X
Old Aug 30th 2014, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

If I've needed stuff to get there I have just forked out for the Royal Mail one. Nothing ever got lost.
Old Aug 30th 2014, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, I shall investigate good old royal Mail.
X
Old Aug 30th 2014, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

The quickest and most secure way is a bit *wince* think my mum paid £20 last time to send me my police cert but I weighed it up against the hassle of getting all that stuff again and forked out.
Old Aug 30th 2014, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Sounds like a wise plan. I've resigned myself to the idea the cost of emigrating is going to make me wince on a regular occurrence!
Thanks Laura
X
Old Aug 30th 2014, 7:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It will but if NZ suits, then it will be worth it.