Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

<ozzie ad> Where the bloody hell are ya? </oa>

<ozzie ad> Where the bloody hell are ya? </oa>

Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:23 pm
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: <ozzie ad> Where the bloody hell are ya? </oa>

Originally Posted by Maz
Um... actually no I've not! That's actually a quote from Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby... sorry to disappoint.
OK Maz, Hakuna Matata (no problem!)
Pat.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Where the bloody hell are we?

We're in Aotea Block - probably going to viciously bid against some dear friends for a house we all might like tomorrow!

Have had very sound advice to NOT buy in Aotea from a Kiwi ...

Radio: don't listen to it

TV: Meh... Documentary channel or whatever interesting is on

Drinks: NZ wine or beer of course!

Miss: Only family in UK and 3 friends in USA like a hole in my heart. Miss them terribly...
Which one? What did you offer?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Happynz,
I've not met a kiwi yet who has been offended by anything i've said or done.
I notice your location says "new zealand for now" I can only hope you and the rest of the bleeding hearts have packed up and left by the time i arrive.

Its also nice to know the moderators on here are fair and impartial when deciding whats acceptable and whats not.
You cant be down to earth and call a spade a spade (purely a figure of speech) but its ok to call someone a tw*t and a racist.
thanks a bunch

Last edited by Justcol; Nov 20th 2007 at 5:04 am.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:57 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by colandros
Happynz,
I notice your location says "new zealand for now" I can only hope you and the rest of the bleeding hearts have packed up and left by the time i arrive.
Away and wind your neck in. Nothing like a foreigner complaining about the number of foreigners

But just to make it clear, you've just met a geordie who is.

Sorry Bev's
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:42 am
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in Chch for a year and never had a problem with anyone really..even the Somali taxi drivers were polite .. I thought it was fun to try to guess where the Asians had originated from. by their accents. I think I can sus out chinese now
Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:16 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Happynz,
Must be the kind of crowd you run with. Like I stated earlier, New Zealand has plenty of racists. I get the feeling you wouldn't strike up too many conversations with Asians, right?
That's truly pathetic.

Its also nice to know the moderators on here are fair and impartial when deciding whats acceptable and whats not.
I think they do a good job.
You cant be down to earth and call a spade a spade (purely a figure of speech) but its ok to call someone a tw*t and a racist.
thanks a bunch
So, it's alright to bandy about terms like chink, jap and then get offended when you are called on it?
You have the opinions of a sad frightened little man.

Last edited by happynz; Nov 20th 2007 at 11:20 am.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

Smile Re: <ozzie ad> Where the bloody hell are ya? </oa>

Maz / Pat There's me thinking "Hakuna Matata" was from the Lion king ..
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:32 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yotty
I was in Chch for a year and never had a problem with anyone really..even the Somali taxi drivers were polite ..
I'm just curious...but why wouldn't they be?

Last edited by Avid; Nov 20th 2007 at 6:39 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:08 pm
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Yotty
Maz / Pat There's me thinking "Hakuna Matata" was from the Lion king ..
Yotty,
Don`t laugh but I haven`t seen The Lion King yet! Hakuna Matata is a common saying in Kenya, there was a song going around with all the words in it like "hello" "how are you?" and so on, hakuna matata was in the song, it was done for the tourists. I`ve probably got a T shirt with those words on somewhere.
Pat.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:24 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Hakuna Matata what a wonderful phrase
Hakuna Matata aint no passin’ craze
It means no worries, for the rest of your days
Etc etc
Ok that’s all I know from when Timon and Pumba were singing it with Simba
Old Nov 21st 2007, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

Avid it was just a tongue in cheek remark, the tone of this thread is quite light hearted so I want to keep it that way! I'm sitting here having just sent off my reference and security info, hoping that the medical report has reached my new prospective employer in Chch. I'm just waiting for my police report to come back so I can relay it to AirNZ. My lattitude is 52N it's wet grey and damp! I'm looking forward to The Mainland again if I can make it!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 2:32 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: <ozzie ad> Where the bloody hell are ya? </oa>

Originally Posted by littleal
What's NZ radio like? I will miss Radio 1 a bit but I can't see me being bothered to listen on line.

Alison
Hi Im Bv living in Wanganui NZ miss radio one!!! miss Kerrang radio and mtv2, Scuzz and Kerrang on sky tv other than that im fine