Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Our documentary is being shown next week

Our documentary is being shown next week

Old Jul 16th 2014, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our documentary is being shown next week

I finally caught up with your programme (my daughter recorded it for me to watch as I'm currently in the UK). Such lovely and bright boys you have and a wonderful supportive family. I hope the grandparents get to visit you in NZ soon. All the best for the future.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched your documentary with my partner just today. It was interesting and glad to see your boys so happy. Will be interesting to see how you all are in a few years time.

I think the thing that stood out for me was your luck in finding that 3rd house. 99% of the houses we have encountered in NZ are very much like the first house shown which got 2 out of 10. At least houses aren't as bad price wise in WLG as they are in AKL.

It does me think about the likelihood of expats staying in NZ based on where they actually moved to in NZ. There are only 2 couples left in Auckland that we know out of about 10 couples that emigrated before or after us. The rest all all moved back to the UK apart from one set who moved to Napier.

Good luck with it all!
Old Jul 21st 2014, 11:25 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davros1984
It does me think about the likelihood of expats staying in NZ based on where they actually moved to in NZ. There are only 2 couples left in Auckland that we know out of about 10 couples that emigrated before or after us. The rest all all moved back to the UK apart from one set who moved to Napier.

Good luck with it all!
Um, I haven't watched the documentary, sorry

However, I think of a poster on here (BarnsleyMat) who moved out of Auckland to the South Island, mostly because of Auckland property prices. Even though he moved heaven and earth to get to Auckland in the first place. (Not to be taken as criticism, please Mat). Pippalonghorn, a poster on here, returned to the UK from Auckland with her husband and daughter in May after arriving in NZ the previous year.

It doesn't seem unusual for someone to come to NZ on a job offer to then leave that job, within months sometimes, because they choose to take their labour elesewhere. Or there's a row about their pay, or the company is going or gone bust, or they get made redundant etc etc,

Probably needs a whole thread of it's own. Sorry Moonie2011.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Jul 21st 2014 at 11:28 pm. Reason: spelling