NZ Photo Thread

Old May 27th 2005, 8:20 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice
Default Re: NZ Photo Thread

Short finals to Heathrow 27R in a 737...

Check these out... the first would hurt...

This could ruin your day...

Last edited by kiwijetpilot; May 27th 2005 at 8:31 am.
Old May 27th 2005, 10:30 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

OK here we go with a Wellington photofest...

The centre of power and influence

The old Bank of NZ building in Manners St

Willis St looking south

What we do with old buildings... keep the facade, hollow them out and put a new tower inside...

Plimmer House... now a restaurant

more coming...
Old May 27th 2005, 10:37 am
Banned

continued...

Reikorangi Church (just for you Biddy)...

View from the top of the cable Car in Kelburn... the hills in the far distance are higher than Ben Nevis...

Government House - the largest wooden structure in the Southern Hemisphere...

Old wooden houses in Thorndon...

Anybody want more...???

Last edited by kiwijetpilot; May 27th 2005 at 10:39 am.
Old May 27th 2005, 12:27 pm
Banned

This a bridge connecting the Civic Centre to the waterfront in Wellington...

The Cable Car coming up from the city...

The waterfront and Frank Kitts Park from Te Papa (the museum)...

Houses on the slopes of Mt Victoria, Oriental Bay side - taken from Te Papa...

A view down Manners St, Wellington city centre...

Another old facade with a tower growing out of it - this one is Midland Tower...

More...
Old May 27th 2005, 12:39 pm
Banned

And on it goes...

Oriental Bay from the city...

Old St Pauls cathedral (made of wood of course)...

Old St Pauls... of course it has a spire! (well a wooden one)...

Inside Old St Pauls...

Out at Red Rocks, south of Wellington on the coast (Kaikoura range in the background... that would be the South Island then). Lots of seals hang around here.

More Red Rocks... yes that is a natural feature...

More...
Old May 27th 2005, 12:49 pm
Banned

Surely this must end soon...

The Star Boating Club...

Victoria University of Wellington - Hunter Building (many drunken escapades here)... the bloke is my brother in law...

Wellington waterfront - the sculpture is called "The Albatross" for reasons that escape all logic. Note that there is no graffiti on it... the kid is a cousin...

On the bridge of the Cook Strait ferry... the one in the captains chair is mine...

Auckland...

And finally, completely off-topic... but fun:

Are we bored with pictures yet?

Last edited by kiwijetpilot; May 27th 2005 at 12:51 pm.
Old May 27th 2005, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi KJP,

Whatever happened to the engine :scared: Was that on your plane?

Here's someone else who's had a bad day

Thoroughly Propped

And here's an easyjet caught in a hailstorm

And a treat for the passengers

Keep your wonderful pics coming.

I'm sorry I don't have any NZ pics but will try to keep you all amused

Cheers
Old May 28th 2005, 7:41 am
Banned

OK here's some more photos. These are all older ones that I have to scan, so the quality isn't quite as good, and it takes me longer to get them done.

I'll do some more later, I have to watch the Warratahs slaughter the Crusaders now...

The first is a shot of Wellington Airport from overhead the Miramar Peninsula...

Next is surf in Lyall Bay (just next to the airport)...

This a a view of the city from Wrights Hill (behind Karori)...

Wellington from overhead the Orongorongos... looking west... South Island behind..

Wellington Airport from the south...

The Orongorongo Valley. This place is about an hour from central Wellington. Lots of tracks and huts in here, great place for a tramp for all those who like nature...

more...
Old May 28th 2005, 7:45 am
Banned

cont...

This is the beach at the south end of the Wairarapa, south of Lake Ferry... 10 mins flying time from Wellington but a good two-hour drive over the Rimutaka Range...

This is (I think) the Rakaia River, not too far from Christchurch... note the amazing visibility... those mountains are over 60 miles away...

That's it for now, more after the game.
Old May 28th 2005, 8:50 am
Account Closed

Here's a NZ pic I found

Old May 28th 2005, 2:20 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kiwijetpilot]OK here's some more photos. These are all older ones that I have to scan, so the quality isn't quite as good, and it takes me longer to get them done.

I'll do some more later, I have to watch the Warratahs slaughter the Crusaders now...

Well KJP I hope you enjoyed the game. Wasnt it Brilliant seeing all the records that the mighty Crusaders set when they WON & the Warratahs LOST. Yes I know the Warratahs made a great comeback but at the end of the day the scoreboard tells the story & so does the hardware in the Cabinet. Funny bhow as the supporter of A North Island team that didnt make the finals you would choose to support the Australian team rather than the NZ Team huh?
Old May 28th 2005, 2:38 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Just had to post this photo of The Best Performed Team in the History of The Super 12 Competition....The Mighty Crusaders after winning the Final at Jade Stadium Christchurch ( A Champion Team full of Champions)

Old May 28th 2005, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

Here's one for KJP

Take your kid to work day.

Old May 28th 2005, 9:13 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

And while Im in the celebrating mood will throw this one in for good measure too...

Never underestimate the power of the mighty sword

The Crusaders Sword at Jade Stadium Christchurch...Home of Champions

Last edited by pompeymike; Jun 5th 2005 at 9:04 am.
Old May 29th 2005, 4:31 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Showing Hubby around the South Island on his first trip to NZ. Standing in front of Franz Josef Glazier on the West Coast of the South Island.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.