Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ nursing registration

NZ nursing registration

Old Jan 20th 2015, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Allie25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ nursing registration

Hi does anybody know how long the registration process takes? I've sent off part one just waiting for a reply.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ nursing registration

I think it took me a couple of months once I had everything ready. Getting a bit hazy now to recall that .
Old Jan 21st 2015, 5:40 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

It must be 9 or more years since i did mine, but certainly took 2-3 months
Old Jan 28th 2015, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

MrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: NZ nursing registration

Where do I start, what with police checks, ilets , references, proving training same standard as NZ, proving competencies. Obtaining verification from the NMC (pain!!!!). I was asked to write cases studies for 3 patients I've nursed in the past 6 months, listing equipment used... And had to show my professional profile for the past 3 years ! I started the whole process in Feb 2014, obtained registration in August. Now got my APC and start my first job in 2 weeks
Old Jan 28th 2015, 5:00 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraNotts
I think it took me a couple of months once I had everything ready. Getting a bit hazy now to recall that .
If you can figure it out maybe put the time line in your signature
Old Jan 28th 2015, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Allie25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys
I've got through to stage 2 now, sent off for the nmc verification and just applied for the transcripts, and police certificate. I didn't know about the case studies and other stuff they ask for though! Did they say why you had to do those?
Old Jan 28th 2015, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

MrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of lightMrsEeyore is a glorious beacon of light

Just wanted more info, every application is different,I think. The NMC was the worse bit,obtaining transcript of training/ verification took an age !!! Got my shiney medal now !! Good luck with your application x
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Wildrover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsEeyore
Just wanted more info, every application is different,I think. The NMC was the worse bit,obtaining transcript of training/ verification took an age !!! Got my shiney medal now !! Good luck with your application x
Did you have to chase NCNZ to find out if NMC has sent verification?

We have had letter from NMC saying they sent it back in December
The NCNZ info says once they have all info then its normally 30 working days
Old Feb 4th 2015, 12:54 am
Just Joined

Arrived in Tauranga yesterday sorry I thought I replied. Once every thing was received by NZNC, I kid you not, must of been sent by return of post. I was so worried, seems daft now. I'm sure all will be fine for you too. Have you tracked your documents, you should be able to do this online with your email & application number.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Okay I had a good dig through all my emails. I have discovered that I put my application in on 17/12/12 and got my letter confirming my registration on 18.4.13 so given there was Christmas in the middle of that and international post either side that's not bad.

One thing to be aware of here is they have comprehensive training so everyone can theoretically work anywhere (not that it works like that in actual practice) but when I (RMN) got my practicing certificate there was no condition of scope on the back saying I actually wasn't qualified to work in paeds or med surg. I had to write to them and get one put in as the hospital I worked at was small and they often moved staff out of mental health if they were short. I was scared I would kill someone if they put me in with the proper nurses (tongue firmly in cheek).
Old Feb 4th 2015, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsEeyore
Arrived in Tauranga yesterday sorry I thought I replied. Once every thing was received by NZNC, I kid you not, must of been sent by return of post. I was so worried, seems daft now. I'm sure all will be fine for you too. Have you tracked your documents, you should be able to do this online with your email & application number.
Thanks for this

I checked the online status

Its says register letter sent hopefully this will mean its positive

Will be sat at the letter box waiting
Old Feb 6th 2015, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that once you get your registration you then need to apply for you Annual Practicing Certificate APC.

Cheers

Gill
Old Feb 6th 2015, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

And you will likely be given an APC only valid for the first 3 months and then have to renew it. (Don't worry the cost is less) Please also note that in NZ the current cost for an APC is $110 per year AND once you present it to your employer you get the cost back.
Old Feb 6th 2015, 5:14 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraNotts
And you will likely be given an APC only valid for the first 3 months and then have to renew it. (Don't worry the cost is less) Please also note that in NZ the current cost for an APC is $110 per year AND once you present it to your employer you get the cost back.
Most do reimburse you especially the public system but not all of them
Old Feb 9th 2015, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Applied 7th Nov received Registration 2/2/15
With restriction as general nurse

I am very impressed with the efficiency of the NCNZ, considering applying over the Christmas break