Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ nursing council registration - help please!

NZ nursing council registration - help please!

Old Sep 1st 2016, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

JoviPrincess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ nursing council registration - help please!

Hi everyone,

I know there's a few British nurses out there that have been through the nursing council registration process, so I'm hoping someone can offer some advice, please.

I'm well into the application process and was asked in July to send a copy of my diploma certificate and copies of recent training records and certificates. I sent everything recorded delivery and it was delivered on August 18th. So far, my documents haven't appeared on my document tracker.

Here's the bit I need help with: all my other documents have been processed within 4 days of delivery, these ones have been with the nursing council for 12 days, which is making me worry. Should I re-send everything in the assumption that it's all been lost or sit tight for a few more days in the hope that council staff are just mega busy? I would ask the council themselves but it specifically says that council staff are unable to provide any other information about the receipt of documents. (Plus a friend of mine pestered the council and was refused registration, something I'm desperately trying to avoid!)

If anyone has had similar experiences, it would be great to hear from you. Many thanks.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ nursing council registration - help please!

They are currently experiencing a high number of cases. Was it requested by an individual registration consultant? Keep checking the document log. How close are you to the 30 working day mark as my decision was made on the 29th day
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 6:05 am
Just Joined

I'm way past the 30 day decision mark but I wasn't asked for the last bits until after I was in assessment. It was an individual registration consultant that asked for these documents, does that make a difference?
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

I'd call them or email them. They have contact details available on their website
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoviPrincess
I'm way past the 30 day decision mark but I wasn't asked for the last bits until after I was in assessment. It was an individual registration consultant that asked for these documents, does that make a difference?
Ok 30 working days doesn't start till your in assessment. Are you a diploma or degree nurse? It was the consultant who asked me for the same things and decision went my way in the end. You can drop your consultant an email to check they have got it
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

According to my document tracker I've been in assessment since July 18th, it was on that date that I got asked for the training cerificates. It took ages for my previous employer to send my training record to me....Grrrr!!

I'm diploma trained so technically I don't meet their requirements but hopefully I've got enough experience and CPD credits to get registered.
Old Apr 4th 2017, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Inigomak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone! I find these website helpful because I am also waiting for my cap letter to be released.For my part, my documents were updated as "Ready for assessment" last March 02,2017 and just recently it was changed to "In assessment" last April 03, 2017. What does this mean sir, will I wait another 30 days for my cap letter to be released? Kindly enlighten me. Thank you.Hoping for a reply. Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Inigomak; Apr 4th 2017 at 1:25 pm.