NZ Med

Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ Med

Impressed.

Got a GP appointment the day after after I phoned - cost $28
A prescription as a result cost $15
Appointment to take off a skin cancer 5 days later $200 (UK it cost me £800).

It may not be totally free but it works!
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:56 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Med

wish out appt was that cheap. $48 round our way for GP's appt and thats with funding.

Hope you are feeling well now
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.

I was surprised, perhaps they do tatty pensioner rates :-) if I hadn't been registered with the Practice it would have been $80 though
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:04 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

yes if we were not funded we would be paying $80+. Its also helpful to find out when surgeries apply for the funding as we got caught out when we first came over and missed the first one of the year by 2 weeks so we had to wait another couple of months before we could be funded.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Kotare
!
I do not understand this.

Are you writing that the NHS charged you 800GBP to remove some suspect skin cancer suspects?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS

Are you writing that the NHS charged you 800GBP to remove some suspect skin cancer suspects?
No - Bristol Spire charged me £800 to remove a skin cancer (same day) - the NHS waiting list was 4 - 5 months and involved a referral to a consultant, then a subsequent outpatient op. Life is too short (and with that kind of lead time getting shorter).
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:14 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I wondered that as well

I have had a few removed by the NHS with no charge.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:20 am
`

The difference being that in NZ skin cancer is a big, huge time problem. In the UK it is not so much so.

Yup . Catching the NZ funding is important. Is the same for all manner of stuff.

I am intersted in NZ as that is where I live.

If you cannot pay for the skin cancer minor sqwelch at your local surgery, what is the wait time
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

The difference being that in NZ skin cancer is a big, huge time problem. In the UK it is not so much so.

Yup . Catching the NZ funding is important. Is the same for all manner of stuff.

If you cannot pay for the skin cancer minor sqwelch at your local surgery, what is the wait time
I don't think much longer wait but the funding is limited to low income I think.

Given the posts on NZ med, I think advising prospective immigrants on costs is worthwhile - especially the 'user pay' to most NZ services, unlike UK where it is 'free' but of limited efficiency

Ps NHS 24 hr Hospital strike today
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:37 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Impressed.

Got a GP appointment the day after after I phoned - cost $28
A prescription as a result cost $15

It may not be totally free but it works!
That is cheap

We pay $56 per appt, $21 per repeat script

And if i need anything further, their first question is if i have private cover, otherwise they're not sure they can refer on the public system. Had lots if exoerience of the latter and being declined to be seen, despite me having ms and my daughter has lupus. So not all great experiences.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:41 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think much longer wait but the funding is limited to low income I think.

Given the posts on NZ med, I think advising prospective immigrants on costs is worthwhile - especially the 'user pay' to most NZ services, unlike UK where it is 'free' but of limited efficiency

No need to have a go at the junior doctors striking. For all of its issues, if you are critically ill, in my opinion nothing beats the NHS. Am very oroud of it, its values and have worked in ED for many years. No one ever turned away, no matter how trivial the issue. Def not the same here i can say from experience.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:42 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

The NHS is no less efficient than the NZ system.

...and the strike is not 24 hour....it is for 9 hours and the same tomorrow.

I understand that junior doctors also went on strike in NZ in 1992 and 2006 so I am not sure what point you are trying to make

Last edited by Grayling; Apr 26th 2016 at 8:44 am.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:45 am
`

They are not the NZ system are they. Either for funded or elective surgery.

Both are possible for either country if one has the funds You need the funds . More so here IMO.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:46 am
wish I wasn't here!

Originally Posted by Grayling
The NHS is no less efficient than the NZ system.

...and the strike is not 24 hour....it is for 9 hours and the same tomorrow.

I understand that junior doctors also went on strike in NZ in 2008 so I am not sure what point you are trying to make
I am with you. I suspect he is trying to say Nz system is better, but from personal and professional experience it is far from this.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 8:47 am
`

Originally Posted by Sparkleydiva
I am with you. I suspect he is trying to say Nz system is better, but from personal and professional experience it is far from this.
Well. We all protect what we know. Kotere is a Kiwi at heart and from birth perhaps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.