NZ$ vs £

Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:40 am
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all
Default NZ$ vs £

Old subject but close to my heart at present.

Paladin, as you are back from your recce can you give us your humble opinion on what the NZ$ may do in the next few months?

Last year I recall you predicting a level of $3.20 to the £ around March time?

It appears to have been hovering around $2.80 for a while now. Is it optimistic to expect it to shoot up given the current state of the world's ecomony (interest rates hikes in UK, Japan etc and the recent stock market slump) (haha I just wrote that and it sounds like I vaguely know what I am talking about....which I don't)

Given I may be about to convert my life savings in a couple of months a few words of wisdom would be appreciated, especially when every extra cent means NZ$1500 more

Of course if anyone else has an educated opinion I am all ears
Old Mar 6th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZ$ vs £

Originally Posted by GowHow
Old subject but close to my heart at present.

Paladin, as you are back from your recce can you give us your humble opinion on what the NZ$ may do in the next few months?

Last year I recall you predicting a level of $3.20 to the £ around March time?

It appears to have been hovering around $2.80 for a while now. Is it optimistic to expect it to shoot up given the current state of the world's ecomony (interest rates hikes in UK, Japan etc and the recent stock market slump) (haha I just wrote that and it sounds like I vaguely know what I am talking about....which I don't)

Given I may be about to convert my life savings in a couple of months a few words of wisdom would be appreciated, especially when every extra cent means NZ$1500 more

Of course if anyone else has an educated opinion I am all ears
The last time I did an analysis of the GBP/NZD pair I stated that for the uptrend to be confirmed we needed a close back above the recent highs in the $3.06 area. That didn't happen and what we have seen is a normal healthy consolidation after the long run up from $2.41 to $3.06. In fact it has virtually completed a 50% retracement which is very healthy. On the fundamentals i still see long term weakness for the NZD versus the GBP but time frame is a guessing game!

Looking at the charts I would say a break below $2.75 should be considered very bearish but a break above $2.90 ish you might want to let it run to see if the $3.06 gets retested. Again if $3.06 is then broken I'd still be looking for $3.20 area for sure. Problem you have is the price action recently is a consolidation phase so until it breaks one way or the other its a guess!!!

dave
Old Mar 9th 2007, 10:09 am
within Touching distance

GowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to allGowHow is a name known to all

Thanks Dave

We are looking to complete the house sale in early may and move to NZ in early June.

The plan is to leave the money in UK acocunt until a favourable rate is attained. Hopefully it won't fluctuate much between now and then.

I cannot see me exchanging at $3.20 though, as even it if did reach that level, my bottle would have gone around the $3.05 mark and I would have already cashed in my chips!!
Old Mar 9th 2007, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GowHow
Thanks Dave

We are looking to complete the house sale in early may and move to NZ in early June.

The plan is to leave the money in UK acocunt until a favourable rate is attained. Hopefully it won't fluctuate much between now and then.

I cannot see me exchanging at $3.20 though, as even it if did reach that level, my bottle would have gone around the $3.05 mark and I would have already cashed in my chips!!
If it got to $3.05 I would take it too! You have to choose a level you would be "happy with" and if/when it gets there just take it - it could go back down!! "Profit is not profit til ya bank it" as we say in the currency trading world!!!

Dave
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paladin
The last time I did an analysis of the GBP/NZD pair I stated that for the uptrend to be confirmed we needed a close back above the recent highs in the $3.06 area. That didn't happen and what we have seen is a normal healthy consolidation after the long run up from $2.41 to $3.06. In fact it has virtually completed a 50% retracement which is very healthy. On the fundamentals i still see long term weakness for the NZD versus the GBP but time frame is a guessing game!

Looking at the charts I would say a break below $2.75 should be considered very bearish but a break above $2.90 ish you might want to let it run to see if the $3.06 gets retested. Again if $3.06 is then broken I'd still be looking for $3.20 area for sure. Problem you have is the price action recently is a consolidation phase so until it breaks one way or the other its a guess!!!

Dave
OK - sorry everyone but I have to be the bearer of bad news!!

The support level at $2.75 has pretty much broken down!!! Price is currently ~ $2.74 at the long term 50% fibonacci retracement, with upside resistance at ~ $2.8500 from a major down trendline. At the very most i don't expect anything above $2.82, where there are 2 fibonacci lines converging, for a good while - sorry!

Where next?

The next major support area, if $2.74 breaks down, is a previous high close in the $2.72 area BUT the weekly chart now shows a convergence of a 127% fibonacci extension and a 62% fib retracement at ~$2.6650 !!

This convergence area will be a major target for the investment banks currency traders so hold onto your hats for a bumpy ride!!!

Dave

Last edited by Paladin; Mar 27th 2007 at 8:01 am.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

OK - sorry everyone but I have to be the bearer of bad news!!

The support level at $2.75 has pretty much broken down!!! Price is currently ~ $2.74 at the long term 50% fibonacci retracement, with upside resistance at ~ $2.8500 from a major down trendline. At the very most i don't expect anything above $2.82, where there are 2 fibonacci lines converging, for a good while - sorry!

Where next?

The next major support area, if $2.74 breaks down, is a previous high close in the $2.72 area BUT the weekly chart now shows a convergence of a 127% fibonacci extension and a 62% fib retracement at ~$2.6650 !!

This convergence area will be a major target for the investment banks currency traders so hold onto your hats for a bumpy ride!!!

Dave
I'm sorry, but in english what does this mean?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:47 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=simonmarkellis;4566272]I'm sorry, but in english what does this mean?
quote]

We're b**llcked!!!!

Just as we're about to complete on our house too
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=kev&sarah;4566277]
Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
I'm sorry, but in english what does this mean?
quote]

We're b**llcked!!!!

EXACTLY!!!!

Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:01 am
within Touching distance

Looks like my £££'s will be earning UK interest for a while then. This does mean renting in NZ for a while also

c'est la vie

Thanks for the heads up Dave - even though I didn't really want to hear it. I had noticed the sudden downturn in the NZ$ but hoped it was just a blip
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:09 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Paladin;4566307]
Originally Posted by kev&sarah

EXACTLY!!!!

Ok then smarty pants, where do we stash the loot in the meantime??

Here or There??
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=kev&sarah;4566533]

Ok then smarty pants, where do we stash the loot in the meantime??

Here or There??
GOLD!!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

or Silver!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

or Oil!!
BE Enthusiast

or Uranium!!
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
ditto.... UK house sale going through right now for us too!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.